(Closed) First Mother’s & Father’s day?

posted 6 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i’m so excited for our first mothers and fathers days(i don’t think they’ll let me go past mothers day i’d be just over 42 weeks lol) i’ve been trying to think of things to do for my hubby, but i’m stumped so far.

Post # 4
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

I love those DAD photos; sauch a cute idea!

Technically, I was like 36 weeks pregnant my first Mother’s Day, so we just got ice cream and went out to dinner.  Last Mother’s Day (DD was almost 1), we went to the train museum for a train ride, went out to eat, and I got this great pop-up beach tent.

For my husband’s first Father’s Day, Dirty Delete was just a few weeks old.  She made him a giant diaper (lol!), and I also got him a digital picture frame for his office.  This last Father’s Day (DD was just over a year), we went out to eat and I bought him an Ergo carrier to use on the camping trip we had planned a couple weeks later.

Post # 5
6823 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would not request gifts no, mothers day/fathers day is not a really ask for gift deal. I would just save up for the mother’s ring.  For my mothers ring, I used part of my tax return. 

Post # 8
6823 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@regberadaisy:  Here is my mothers ring. I got it at Helzberg Diamonds.  14k white gold..

Post # 9
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@regberadaisy:  I LOVE those rings, they are exactly what I have been looking for and the price is totally right – but man, the reviews are horrible!  I would love to hear if anyone has something similar that they are happy with — I really like the idea of doing an stackable eternity band with each child’s birthstone and getting it as either a present on the baby’s day of birth (like a push present, but I hate that term) or else on a Mother’s Day.  Or my birthday.  Whenever my husband wants really ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
5388 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I graduate from Grad school on Mother’s Day weekend, so I am sure I will get something big. My birthday is a few days before Father’s Day, so we will celebrate together. I like the picture idea. My husband isn’t the type of guy that buys things that he wants, so I may buy him something that he wouldn’t buy himself.

Post # 12
6823 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@regberadaisy:  Yep you can add more stones to it. Right now the 3 stones are for my Darling Husband, my son and myself. I asked before I bought if could add more stones and was assured I could

Post # 13
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I think requesting something is just weird! If your partner wants to buy you something special to celebrate being a mother then that’s awesome, but you shouldn’t ask him for a mother’s day present! Just me though…

I did buy a card and made some hand and foot prints with paint of my then 6 month old and pasted them into the card. It went down a treat. He cried! It was lovely and he was really touched.

The topic ‘First Mother’s & Father’s day?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors