- 6 years ago
First time as a Bridesmaid and I’m freaking out!
Don’t get me wrong I love Mary, best friend in a long time but there is so much to do! I would say that 80% of my “freaking out” is pure excitement and the other 20% is stress. My name is Amanda, I’m 23 years old and I’m a student at the Fashion Institue of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles. I’m not married. My boyfriend of three years and I, without much discussion, both know we are in no position to get married but truth be known I am dying to! I’m in love with him and wish he’d propose everyday. Emotionally, this wedding might really mess with me, but I am on for the challenge! Art, design and marketing is my thing. Born and raised by a very crafty mom and an extremely artisic dad, (sometimes I wonder if they invented “DIY”!) I didn’t “fall far from the tree”. Definitely a people person, voted most optimistic, prom queen and president of my senior classs in high school, I’ve been president of my local Toastmasters club for a term, I’m going to design school potentially for event planning, I mean, if I’m not right for the job who is??
Truth is, I’m nervous. Ecstatic but nervous. Motivated but nervous. Thrilled but nervous. Never done so much for such a grand event. Maid/Matron of Honor and I met for the first time at Mary’s little bridesmaid weekend. She’s fantastic! For a country girl who didn’t have a bridal bone in her body before this weekend she’s catching on quick! Her and I have an itinerary for the destination wedding weekend, something the bride and groom to be hadn’t even figured out yet till we talked to them! Maid/Matron of Honor and I hit up a Wedding Expo with the bride and another bridesmaid in Portland (wedding is in Colorodo!). Tried to talk to the bride at the EXPO about some of the details and Mary was in complete bridal la-la-land! So her and I split up from the bride and we covered a lot of ground. But in doing so we created a long to-do list. Wedding is in May memorial day weekend 2013. There is no wedding cordinator. The engaged couple, the mother of the bride, Maid/Matron of Honor and i are pretty much making this up as we go. Ill keep you posted on the progress but first on my list: I need to figure out DIY Passport Invitations.