- 8 years ago
- Wedding: November 2012
My fiance and I are in escrow on a foreclosed home – everything was going great until about 2 weeks when the appraisal came back for nearly $30,000 less than what was originally negotiated. We renegotiaded for the bank to lower the cost of the house and that we would pay closing costs. This was 10 days ago and they won’t get back to us if they accept it or not. We are supposed to close on June 13th and don’t even know where we stand at this point!
My realtor says she is doing everything in her power but I just don’t believe it. She says they EMAIL the listing agent regularly but I keep telling her to call and call again. I’m not paying you for your services for you to half ass-ly do your job! I refuse to pay any late fees for not closing by the 13th – We have had nothing but trouble from the get go on this house – Inspection was pushed out 2 weeks late because owners/bank didn’t leave keys to half of the house – when inspection finally happened all the appliances were stolen out postponing the inspection even more – the appraisal couldnt happen until after all that mess – finally the appraisal came back and now we are in this mess. I just don’t know what to do anymore – Our lease is up the end of august and starting this process over is just going to be cutting it close. We have tons of family we can stay with – BUT we don’t want to inconvinence them.. Has anyone purchased a short sale before? we are maybe looking into putting an offer in on one in hopes that the appraisal will be closer to the listed price of the home.