(Closed) FITBEES Challenge 1/1/15 – 1/3/15 Beginning Mini-Challenge!

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
5009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

My main goal is to achieve the following by my first competition of the year in April 2015:

• Squat – 130kg
  • Bench 70kg+
  • Deadlift – 130kg+

In order to do this, I will start seeing a physiotherapist (appointment next week) to help me get over the lower back/glute injury that I’m carrying from early December and to train consistently 3-4 days a week.

To help resilience, I will eat at least maintenance calories (c. 2500 calories a day after exercise is incorporated), get to bed by 11pm most work nights and do yoga at least twice a week (even if it is doing sun salutations in front of the TV after a workout).

My side goal is to start learning more about the scientific background to fitness so I’m starting to do free online courses with the intention of taking my personal training qualifications in either 2015 or 2016. Task – study for at least half an hour at least three times a week.

Post # 5
5009 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
WifeyGtoBe:  Powerlifting. Hence the three lifts. 😉 I’m not great at aesthetics…

Post # 6
1212 posts
Bumble bee

My goal is to run a  5K by Jan 31 and a 10K race by April 30, which is two weeks before my wedding. I will continue to run  at least 3x per week while following my coaching app. I will incorporate strength training 2x per week and continue to write down my food intake every day.

I have TWO desired outcomes: to take my wedding dress in two sizes and to fit into my 10 year old jeans with the shredded knees. 

Post # 7
5009 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
fscarlett:  Which apps do you use?

Post # 8
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

My goal is to lose 35 pounds for my one year anniversary in July, to go on our belated honeymoon and feel great!  My secondary goal is to run a 10k this fall, and two more 5k’s prior to that (I ran my first 5k in November).  I use Strava (free version) to track my runs and paces. 

Post # 9
1212 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
SpecialSundae:  I use couch to 5k for training and myfitness pal for logging food.

Post # 10
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs to get back to my pre-wedding weight by working out 4-5 times a week (training for my first half-marathon). I’m doing this so that I can feel my best as we go into TTC in August. Also, I’m a bridesmaid in 2 weddings in the second half of the year, which is extra motivation. I hope to reach my goal by the end of April, which is when the race is.

Post # 11
1481 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

My goal is to weigh 148 lbs (67 kg) by May, when I’ll be starting the alterations for my dress. I don’t know how much exactly I weigh now (the dreaded holiday splurge eating) but that should be about 15 lbs. I also want to tone up my arms and bum/thighs, and feel stronger and fitter. I’m going to achieve this by going to the gym 3-5 times a week, alternating stamina and strength training, and eating healthier.

Post # 12
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Antique Rose Emporium

My goal is to become healthier. The weight I am now has put such a tremendous stress on my body, and it is very difficult to work out at this size. Until now, I’ve been using that as an excuse to not exercise. 

My wedding dress fits as is, but I am super self conscious about my arms. Theyve always been my worst part. While I know spot reduction doesnt exist, I want to tone my arms as much as possible while also doing cardio to lose all around.

Timeframe? My wedding is on May 19. That’s 138 days from now. In those 138 days I will be paying special care to what goes into my body and to actually get to the gym, no excuses. Even if that means going slower than I’d like at first, building up endurance so I don’t overdo it and get discouraged. So long as I feel absolutely confident and beautiful on the big day!!

Post # 13
7176 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

My goal is to get down 5 lbs to 135, and to tone-up.  Toning up to me means feeling tighter and less “flabby,” overall feeling good about myself.  I will do this by eating smaller portions, cutting out most sugar and bad foods and replacing them with good foods, doing at-home workouts daily, and possibly joining a kickboxing class once a week.

Although I’m starting this because I recently bought a wedding dress that was a tad too small (that can be taken out the appropriate about to fit my current body type) and I do want to try to show up to my first fitting with as little as possible needing to be taken out, I’ve been wanting to do this for awhile.  I just want to be healthier all around.  I’m not necessarily shy or self-conscious about my body, but I want to be confident that I’m making the right decisions for my body in my every day life to make it as healthy as it is (without going overboard with dieting or obsessive exercising).

My first fitting will be around early to mid-July, so I need to reach my goal by then and maintain it until September 19th.  I do not think there is a way to know whether I’ve attained my goal.  I’m not sure how possible it is that nothing has to be taken out on my dress due to my figure, but I think I will know I reached my goal when my timeline ends and I know I’ve really done everything I can to look good for my first fitting, and ultimately my wedding day.

My Fiance is very aware of my goals, and he’s been supportive thus far!  He even told someone yesterday that it was our New Year’s Resolution to get back into the gym/be healthier.  I’m so glad I have such a wonderful life partner <3 🙂  I’ve also posted workouts in the guest bedroom for me to do daily, with options so I can mix it up every now and then.

Post # 14
1022 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
WifeyGtoBe:  Great first post! I really enjoy the activity here and on FB!

My SMART goals:

To lose approx. 10-15 lbs by the first week in April and tone up my back, triceps and inner thighs.

To accomplish this I will complete exercise routines a minimum of 5 morning workout sessions and compliment that by working out at least 3 evenings every week. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels workout DVDs – Banish Fat and 30 day shred. I also really like Zumba Fitness for Wii which is super fun. Its dancing and you dont even feel like you’re working out. 

I am also keeping track of what I’m eating by writing it down daily. 

I have become somewhat “fat happy” since meeting my fiancee. I put on about 17-20 lbs over the course 3 years and I’m slowly losing it. I’m learning to be patient with myself and I realize it wont come off in a week. 

My immediate reason why is my wedding but I want to look more toned, sexy and be bikini ready by the time summer hits! I feel I’m so ready for this and I’m well on my way!

Post # 15
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’ve got a few big goals this year but the more short term one is to stick to my training plan 100% and complete the Tour of Sufferlandria.  I’ve got everything printed out and ready to go, so no excuses! Long term, I’ve got a couple of big races in the summer/fall that I want to do well at – need to really knuckle down and do some serious bike training (hence the Tour of Sufferlandria) over the winter so that I can PR. 🙂 

The topic ‘FITBEES Challenge 1/1/15 – 1/3/15 Beginning Mini-Challenge!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors