(Closed) FITBEES Challenge 1/1/15 – 1/3/15 Beginning Mini-Challenge!

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 17
1982 posts
Buzzing bee

Specific: I mainly just want to get healthy. But my end goal is to be able to run a 5k in the spring. Also to lose 10-15 pounds.

Measurable: I lose the weight and can run a 5k

Attainable: My plan is to use the couch to 5k training (which is 3 days a week), walk on the days I don’t train. And also use Casey Ho’s Pilates calendars. I’m also keeping a food/fitness diary.

Results-focused: I weighed 125 pounds on our wedding day. I now weigh 155. I would really prefer to be back at my wedding weight, but baby steps. I’m always tired and I have no energy anymore. I want to get healthy before we start having kids, which could very well be in the next couple months. But it will be easier too get into a healthy routine now versus after we have kids.

Time-bound: This spring

Post # 18
65 posts
Worker bee

I want to lose 40lbs by mid-August when my husband and I move back to Canada.

To do this I plan to walk 5km (eventually moving to running) 5-7 days a week along with strength straightening twice a week with a trainer. Also by following a strict meal plan.

My reason why is I was recently diagnosed with adult on set type 1 diabetes after having serious complications because doctors assumed I was type 2 because I am overweight and didn’t give insulin. I never want to be that sick again so losing weight, exercising and generally getting healthy is my top priority for this coming year. 

The other reason is my husband and I had just started trying to conceive but have had to put that on hold, it’s the perfect time to take care of myself!

Post # 19
2347 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m a little late to this! My goal is to lose around 18 pounds by the end of February. 

I don’t feel the best at the weight I’m currently at, and I’m tired of it. 

I am using calorie counting and working out and have already lost 6 pounds. I think the timeline is realistic for me as long as I don’t abandon my diet. 

Then my goal will be to maintain my target weight range. I’ve never had to diet before and I’m surprised at how quickly I put on weight without really realizing it in the last couple of years. I don’t want to have to do this again!

Post # 20
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I’m jumping on this late but am so happy to have found this challenge! I have a big semester coming up! I am graduating in May with my Master’s degree, finishing up a difficult class and internship while working full time and managing a long distance relationship, wedding planning, studying for my boards exam, moving and finding a job! All while trying to squeeze in some time to focus on my fitness! 

Currently my wedding dress is too small for me (if fit me last summer) so my main goal is to lose enough weight to fit into it. 

My SMART goal is:

I am going to lose 25 pounds by my graduation on May 16, 2015. I will work out for at least 20 minutes 5 days a week and will give up soda in order to fit into my wedding dress and feel comfortable with my body for my August 2015 wedding. 

Good luck everyone!! 

Post # 21
1220 posts
Bumble bee

a day late, but here we go:

Specific – I want to workout at least 3 times a week. I hope to lose 40 pounds and have defined muscles. 

Measurable – I’m tracking my progress using weight watchers and my new Fitbit. I’ve also taken measurements of my arms, thighs, waist, hips and bust to see progress.

Results-Focused – i have a few reasons to lose the weight. First, I lost 35 pounds a few years ago and have since gained it back. So there’s that. i want back all my skinny clothes! Also, I’ve heard that TTC is easier when you’re in shape, and I want to TTC ASAP, so I’m hoping that having a good fitness regiment will be good for me. 

Time line: by September, so I’ve got 9 months.

The topic ‘FITBEES Challenge 1/1/15 – 1/3/15 Beginning Mini-Challenge!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors