(Closed) Fitness & diet Tips

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

my weight and girl scout cookies are my arch nemisis!  I gained a ton of weight by following the P90x workout and eating plan(ment for men obviously because I started to look like a linebacker, maybe just me).  I stopped and started the south beach diet and running(4days a week) and am down 16lbs total.  Hoping to keep it up and be down to fighting weight (its my 15th anniversary so down to the weight I was when I first got married).  I think its all about finding what works best for your body.  And dont beat yourself up just keep working at it.

Post # 4
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I’m doing a no-to-low carb diet (I allow myself to cheat a bit on weekends with the carbs or else I’ll go nuts!  ha ha).  I’m not completely atkins in that I eat healthier meat options like turkey and chicken and refrain from the fried stuff.  Also, there’s always plenty of veggies. 

I go to the gym right after work…if I go home, I’ll never make it.  I pack my clothes for the gym in the morning and change in the ladies room before leaving.  I alternate days…one day is heavy cardio and situps and the other day is lighter cardio and weights.

And in order to not mislead, I have the bad days too.  There are days that I don’t eat so well or don’t hit up the gym.  The key is getting back on track when you do mess up.

Post # 5
1843 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

The best thing you can do is INCREASE your water intake.  I try to drink a full gallon every day (seems like a lot but your body adjusts).  Definitely eat in smaller portions and more frequently but increasing your water intake alone can do wonders.

I also run 4 miles, five times per week and do light weights.

Post # 7
601 posts
Busy bee

@TxsAggieBride: today we start our low carb/no carb diet. I’m not gonna lie, I’m scared out of my mind. I love my pasta, buttered bread, and late night pizza. But my wedding is in 6 weeks and that dress will fit, even if it kills me before I get to wear it lol. We went to the store and bought low carb lunch meat, low carb ground bbef, celery, salad, califlower, beans, cottege cheese, and we always drink skim milk.

Does anyone else have ideas of what we CAN eat that is low carb and will help us lose weight?

Post # 8
843 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’ve done P90x and had great results.  I did the Lean Routine but didn’t follow the nutritional guide because the food was just gross (in my opinion).  I just ate what myfitnesspal recommended and I’ve lost 30lbs over the past year.  I went from 165 to 135 and want to stay where I am now.

@1Shappyyears is right, it’s about what’s right for you and your body.  WE’re all different.  I think using something like myfitnesspal helps me keep track of my caloric intake and how much I’m burning off while exercising.  I try and eat a lot of fruits, veggies, meals high in protein…lots of chicken/chicken sausage/ground chicken or turkey.  Greek yogurt is a fave.  And I eat 5 times a day…keeps the hunger away!

Post # 10
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

If you want to lose weight, you have to change what and how you eat.  Exercise is great, but exercise alone isn’t going to cut it (for most people).  My FH weighed 240 at his heaviest and now fluctuates between 160 and 170.  He did it by doing South Beach, and has kept it off for about 1.5 years.  He said it was really hard at first.  You just have to accept that you are going to be hungry a lot, especially in the beginning, but stick with it.

Now, he has the occasional slice of cake, drinks a few beers on weekends, and isn’t quite as vigiliant.  He eats a lot of salad, meat, veggies, yogurt and nuts like almonds and cashews.  For breakfast, lots of eggs and turkey bacon.  Fiber One for cereal.  When we get pizza, he eats the cheese off of it and has a salad.  He never eats white pasta, white bread, white rice or potatoes.

Post # 11
74 posts
Worker bee

@bridalblush:  I swear by the Suzanne Sommers diet. It’s basically reducing carbohydrates and food combining.  You definitely need to excercise regularly too…P90x is great.. Hope this helps

Post # 12
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Low carb is pretty much any meat and any veggetable.  I eat eggs every morning scrambled with either turkey bacon or turkey sausage, etc.  Lunch and dinner is basically a portion of meat and vegetable.  Just stay away from breads, pastas, potatoes, corn, etc.  I’m not sure, but I’d check the milk though for carbs.  Milk usually has a bunch of sugar in it.

@xshellx2003: It’s definitely not easy.  I keep some lightly salted peanuts in my desk drawer for when I’m really hungry.  It helps me refrain from going to the vending machine.  Without the carbs, your body will tell you that its still hungry.  It gets better, it’s just in that transition time when your body is lacking the cabs/sugar (the stuff that makes you feel full).

Post # 13
1537 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve just stepped up my routine as my wedding is in a few weeks and I feel like I’ve hit a wall. This week I plan on hitting the gym every night. Tonight I am doing 35 mins of cardio followed by an hour long yoga class. Tuesday I am doing 60 mins of cardio. Wednesday I am doing 35 mins of cardio followed by an hour long core class. Thursday is the same as monday and Friday I will finish with an hour of step class and an hour of spin class. I am upping my cardio because I find the more cardio I do the more pounds I loose.

Diet wise I have cut out carbs and sugar as much as possible, but I allow myself to cheat a little on weekends. I have been drinking zero alcohol as this tends to make me bloat and store fat. I haven’t had a single drink in nearly 2 months and this is coming from a serious wino! I ONLY drink water now.

I’ll give you an example of my typical day. Breakfast: Low cal protien powder shake, half skim milk/half water (140 calories); Snack: Raw sugar snap peas (small ziplock 24 calories); Lunch: Low fat turkey wrap with tomato, lettuce, green onion, turkey breast, tsp. of dijion mustard on a tortilla wrap (220 calories); Snack: Low fat Yogurt (75 Calories); Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with fresh tomato and reduced fat alfredo sauce (350 calories) TOTAL: 809 Calories

800 calories is obvioulsy very low, but I only have a few weeks left and I want to be taking in less than 1000 calories a day. Normally I take in about 1200 a day. On days where I am at the gym more than an hour in the evening I will also add a protien shake then to give my muscles some nourishment. I usually add a banana for postassium which adds another 205 calories total for the shake.

To give you an idea of my size I am 5’7 155lbs. I have lost 9 pounds in the last 2 weeks following this plan. My goal is to loose another 10 pounds over the next 3 weeks sticking to this diet and exercise plan.

Post # 14
2190 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

For the past month (I’ve actually posted a few threads on this) I’ve been on the south beach diet and just started working out everyday (not long workouts, but about an hour of the elliptical, and every other day I work on arms or legs. I do abs everyday though) I know your body needs that rest day but honestly there is so no rest for me… 2 1/2 months until the wedding. And I will probably have to step up my workout when I stop losing weight.

But I’ve noticed big changes. Way less love handles, my jeans fit again, my dress buttoned!

I love the south beach diet. Sometimes I hate it, one week I’ll gain two pounds and then next week I’ll drop 7. But total I’ve lost is around 13 pounds. I’m hoping to lose 15 more before the wedding. On any other diet that would be unhealthy but I’m eating plenty on the south beach. It’s just how my body is reacting with out sugar and bread…

Post # 15
601 posts
Busy bee

We bought sugar free hard candies and keep them on the coffee table to suck on at night. I bought some flavor packets to put in my water because I can’t drink just straight water, I have to taste something. I’m hoping to drop about 10 lbs.

The topic ‘Fitness & diet Tips’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors