(Closed) Fitness Bees – share your stories & tips

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 18
574 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I thought of another tip, but I can’t edit my post now.  I decided to create an Excel spreadsheet that has the date, time, workout, calories burned, and my average heart rate.  I keep track of what I do each day, and enter in my data after each workout.  

Then at the end of the month when I weigh/measure/take pictures, I also average out all my data for the month.  I’m a data geek, so it’s a fun way for me to see how many workouts I got in in a month, and how many calories I burned in a month.

Post # 20
801 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Was there a moment in your life that prompted you to begin working out?

Yes. After I boke up with a bad boyfriend, I quit smoking and started working out. I started so slow. Cuold not even run a full minute on a treadmill…

How long have you been working out?

It has been about 4.5 years. Some periods I workout more than others, but I never fully stop.

What routine do you follow?

I change it up. Somtimes I’ll do DVD programs, somtimes I go to the gym and when it’s nice out, that’s where I’ll be. I run, lift weights, bike, sprint, and only wish I could swim 😉

I did P90X, ChaLEAN (My absolute favorite!) and Insanity (although not in order) and I ran a few races, etc. 

What diet do you follow?

I do not diet as I believe it leads to mental issues 😉

I just eat healthy most of the time and don’t feel bad when I splurge because I know I’ll be just fine. 

To me eating healthy means whole grains, veggies and fruits (lots of them!), lean meats and other sources of protein (beans, soy, etc.). Oh and NEVER forget about those healthy fats as well as some dairy (but not too much or my tummy gets really upset!)…

Eating heathy also means good beer on the weekend and some chocolate. Everything in moderation is healthy in my book 😉

How do you stay motivated?

Workout: I don’t have to go BALLS OUT every day. Some days it’s just not feasible. So I just make a point to do a little something even on the days I really don’t want to. And I take a day off per week. 

Food? Well as I said earlier. Eat healthy most of the time and splurge sometime. 

What tips can you share from your experiences?

Don’t over do it. It’s never too late. There is no “POINT OF NO RETURN” so if you ate half a box of cookies, don’t eat the second half. Just breathe, and get back on track. 

Post # 21
6245 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

My Mom decided that right after New Years she and I would get fit for the wedding.

Since January 2, 2012

We hop on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes and then do the weight machines for 30 minutes.

What diet do you follow?

I track what I eat on the MyFitnessPal app on my smartphone, but I wouldn’t call it a diet.  I just try to eat in moderation and keep my portions small.

It is so much easier to work out with someone else.  Times when I don’t feel like going, I do because I’m meeting my Mom at the gym, and vice versa.  Just today she told me “Thank goodness you go with me to the gym because I probably would have skipped today.”

I alternate between reading or watching TV while I’m on the treadmill so the time goes by without me realizing it. 

I also use the treadmill on the highest incline to maximize my workout.

Post # 23
835 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Yes, my senior year of high school. I had quit track and crosscoutry that year to get some clubs on my college transcript.  In turn I gained a few. I decided I needed to start working out on my own if I wasn’t going to do school sports. I started running 5 miles a day before school. 

On my own (without school sports) …at 17- so 11 years ago. But technically, with sports I started at 5….lol…. I don’t think that counts.

An hour of cardio, minimum a day. One eat bad day a week. Two no workout days a week. So 5 days a week. I still do spin, a lot…but I used to teach it…that was a lot of fun. I did that for 8 years….

What diet do you follow?

1,300 calories a day, last meal of the day consisting of all protein.  Other meals being a balance of whole grain, pure protein, and veggies. All water (sometimes I sneak in a diet coke…bad girl, I know)

Hip hop, I love the girls I dance with. Also, My hubby works out with me, as well. And just knowing I have to make it a lifelong habit and to not do anything that is boring…

Never do anything more than once a week that you find borning. Working out isn’t punching a time clock. You can’t be consistanct with something you hate…make it fun. Yeah, 1-2 times a week you might have to get on elliptical, but on the other days find something fun.

Post # 24
2414 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Great info!

Post # 26
835 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

arielle Hip hop dance….. you? Laughing and thanks, if I wasn’t working towards soemthing each week I don’t know if I could hang on!!! 

Post # 28
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’m a petite gal so any weight I gain is fairly noticeable and seems to go directly to my face (weird). about year ago I was looking through my old facebook pictures from a couple year before and that’s when I noticed how much weight I gained. I knew then that it was time for change.  It was funny because people would put it nicely and would say “your becoming a women” hahaha !!  

A little over a year

Just started a cross fit group,  Hot yoga, running, alittle bit of weights

What diet do you follow?

105 grams of protein a day, trying to eat every 3 hours, lots of veggies&fruits

my music for sure!!! 

get enough sleep, drink lots of water,  make sure you are lifting weights the correct way, and dont lift more then you can handle (my mistake about 6 months, its hard when you are working out in a room full of guys and trying to be as tough as they) are)

Post # 30
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’ve yo-yo’ed up and down since freshman year of college. I would lose as much as 15 pounds then become satisfied and start eating like a pig again. Two months ago I realized a few things: My biggest clothes weren’t fitting, and my engagement pictures were in two months.

Since January

Insanity!

What diet do you follow?

Tracking my calories with MyFitnessPal. I am a very picky eater so I still eat a lot of the same foods I used to, just in proper portion sizes.

E-pics and then of course the wedding – after that I know I’ll be committed to staying healthy because I know how hard I worked (am working!) to get there! Plus, I will continue to register for races with my sister, possibly a few more half marathons but definitely 10 milers at least!

Don’t give up just because you had a bad day/weekend!

Post # 31
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@MrsElopement:  it’s hardcore. I just started a couple of days ago and doing it in the mornings before work.  overall I like it.  It’s hard to go to the gym for me and figure out what to do it also gets boring doing cardio all the time and I’m always lifting weights incorrectly so this is really good for me.  it gives me motivation and theres someone constantly there to make sure I have the right posture.  It reminded me of soccer conditioning.  It left me feeling good all day though!

The topic ‘Fitness Bees – share your stories & tips’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors