(Closed) Fitness Bees – share your stories & tips

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 62
1341 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2019

Was there a moment in your life that prompted you to begin working out?

I don’t remember a specific moment, I just remember I started going to the gym with my mom in high school. However, this was during a really tumultuous time in my life, so I think going to the gym really helped deal with the stress. 

How long have you been working out?

I started when I was about 17, and I’m 22 now, so about 5 years on and off.

What routine do you follow?

I don’t really have a routine. I have two jobs and go to school full-time, so I just try to have the goal of going to the gym at least three times a week and working out for at least 40 minutes each session.

What diet do you follow?

Diet? What diet? I’ve tried diets, and they just make me unhappy and stress even more about food. So I eat what I want and just portion control. I do try to actively make healthier choices (white meat instead of red, soda instead of water) but I’m a really picky eater, so switching over to only fruits and vegetables would not accomplish anything. I do keep track of my calories on an app on my phone, which is a great little tool.

How do you stay motivated?

This is going to sound terrible, but I literally look at myself and say ‘you are not a wuss.’ Also, loud, angry music really helps me focus.

What tips can you share from your experiences?

WEIGHT. LIFT. I’ve been the only girl in the weight room more times than I can count, and I promise strength training will not make you explode into Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I have exercise induced asthma that triggers from my heart rate getting really high and my breathing becoming very rapid. So running has never realy been an option. I do slow, controlled movements instead (weight lifting, cardio, pilates) and do only a little cardio.

Post # 63
Bee
915 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010 - Al Cielo / La Laguna

@misskittenn:  Exactly! I think of this photo anytime someone talks about weight lifting:

The topic ‘Fitness Bees – share your stories & tips’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors