- Sady Jane
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011
I know there are a few posts with some general comments on sharing your wedding photos with your guests, but I have some more specific questions. There have been some updates to the Flickr Pro accounts since the last Flickr posts I’ve read, so I was hoping to get some updated feedback as well.
Does anyone have a Flickr Pro account? I want to have a way for our guests to upload AND download (hence the pro account) photos everyone takes at our wedding. I’ve looked at a billion websites and the only free site I found that supports downloading you have to download them one at a time, which I wouldn’t want to do with hundreds of photos or esle you have to download software first.
The Flickr pro account is the cheapest I’ve seen, but I can’t get a free trial to figure out if I actually like the set up or not. So I’m asking those of you who have pro accounts to give me some feedback…
1. If you create a private group, can other group members who do not have pro accounts download your pictures?
2. Can you/other members download photos by bulk, i.e. not one at a time?
3. Can non flickr members be invited to see/upload/download photos to the created group?
4. Can you create multiple folders within one group? (one for ceremony, one for reception, etc.)
5. If I pay the pro account fee, do I have to give my password/username to my guests for them to download…if I create two pro accounts to prevent accidental deletion, can they upload/download to the host account?
6. What are your other opinions/comments about Flickr Pro?
If you use another site that you like better, let me know the answers to that site too. Flickr Pro is about $25 for a year.
I know a lot of you prefer irave.com and SmugMug.com, but I’m concerned on the downloading feature. I want a site with as many of the following features as possible:
a. Private alum(s) can be created – guests view with password, not only by email (I have 500 guests, there’s no way I know all those emails)
b. storage is unlimited (this most likely forces you to upgrade)
c. non tech-savy guests can figure out the interface
d. guests do not have to register their email or download any software to upload/download/view photos
e. video options
f. bulk uploading AND downloading (without having to download software)
g. If I pay the upgrade fee, my guests won’t have to in order to download pictures
h. albums can be categorized by the host (me)
i. personalized URL
j. uploading option other than sending by email (this is nice for a few pictures, but sending 100 pics by email requires a ton of emails)
k. I can delete pictures
l. cost is minimal (less than $50 per year)