Post # 1
Hello Lovely Brides!
I feel that I am pretty knowledgeable about most aspects of wedding planning…except flowers! I have nooo idea about what makes a good florist, etc. I know that I am getting married at the end of August and that I would like bouquets that aren’t so so structured and made up of Asiatic lilies along with other flowers to compliment them. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good florist that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg for flowers?
We are getting married in Canton, so Akron-area florists would probably be best.
Thanks in advance!
Post # 3
My florist is in Cleveland, but may travel. She is great so far and easily saw my vision. Studio Floral (http://www.studiofloral.com)
Post # 4
I’m in the very same boat you are! Honestly, I’ve been putting it off because I feel so overwhelmed by the whole process! I have no idea how to research them or even where to begin! I think my method will probably be to meet with as many as possible and just compare them against one another. What do you think??
Post # 5
@ ustechie, I’ve been all over the Internet looking since I posted this, and some of the brides on theknot.com have recommended some local florists. If you like, I can email you or just post the list of names they gave me to help get you started. I’m working on booking a photographer and then I’ll start visiting florists.
Post # 6
@Library Lady: if you could post them, that would be great…thank you!
oooh photographers! yeah…that was a hard decision too! good luck! we ended up going with Catherine McKinley; we had our engagement session already and the pictures came out wonderfully!! we met with 2 others because some of my top choice ones were booked already. definitely worth getting a head start on that!
Post # 7
Helene from Hosanna Designs is awesome. Very reasonably priced, as well.
Post # 8
Ok, here’s the list:
– Baumann’s Florist and Greenhouse – http://www.baumannsfloriststow.com/Baumanns/Welcome.html
– Country Flowers and Herbs – http://www.countryflowersandherbs.com/
– Cummings Florist – http://www.cummingsflorist.com/
– Flowers by Kris – No Website, Google her
– Seifert’s Flower Mill – http://www.seifertsflowers.com/
– Nikki’s Perfect Petal Designs – http://www.nppdesigns.com/index.html
– Roses for Weddings – http://rosesforweddings.com/
– Roses $9.99 and More – http://www.roses999andmore.com/
– Valley Florist – No Website, Google them
Hope that helps!