- 6 years ago
- Wedding: April 2012
OK – we are having our wedding at the Four Seasons and they strongly recommended two different florist/event companies and leaned toward one over the other. The other one is very well reviewed and this other company is not as well known BUT they do lots of corporate work. So we met with her and while the work is SPECTACULAR her attitude is not very good. She made it clear that we are not as important as her big corporate clients during one of our meetings and I was not going to choose her but my coordinator at the Four Seasons talked to her and she really did seem to get my wedding.
So she pressed us in Dec 2010 to make a decision and said we had to pay our deposit early in January to guarantee prices for our original wedding date of Aug 2011. So we decided to go with her even though I was not sure and I paid a $2000 deposit – not a small amount but very fair given the amount and variety of flowers I have asked for. I do not quibble with her pricing at all.
We had to move the wedding date 2x and she was very nice about moving it but stated we would need to validate pricing – no problem – I added some contingency in our budget in case of price changes.
So in Nov I contacted her letting her know that we would be happy to meet in December to discuss the flowers since she had mentioned price adjustments and I had originally picked flowers that I would like change since we are now having a spring wedding. She said she would love to meet with us but could not get an appointment. So then in early December she said that she would not know prices until January so we could discuss prices after Jan 15th. I emailed her back (I cannot get her on the phone) concerned that she was pricing flowers that I would be changing and no response.
So it is after Jan 15th and I have not heard from her – so my Fiance says he will contact her. So I am thinking he is going to send her an email asking her to meet with us. NO he calls her and they have a nice cosy chat. and this is the message that he sends me . . .
Oh we talked and she says that she says that prices have not changed that much but Valentine’s Day might change the prices but she thinks she can still work with our original budget and wait another month.
I AM SO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW. Now if I call her I am going to look like a total b**** and bridezilla – I know she does great work but am very uncomfortable that I do not have my flowers nailed down 80 days before my wedding.
Smack me and tell me to chill out please!!!