Florists called my wedding & reception “tacky”!

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I would tell your florist to shove it.

Post # 4
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

That place is gorgeous! Find a new florist!

Post # 6
3525 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I’d look for another florist…preferably one who’s not a jackass.

Post # 7
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Oh, and then I would go with your original plan.  I think it would work perfectly well to arrange the chairs in rows for the ceremony and them move them back to the tables.

I’m not sure I would be a fan of watching a wedding ceremony from my dinner table, and you’d miss out on walking down an “aisle” if you just left them.

Post # 8
858 posts
Busy bee

I went to a wedding where they had the ceremony at the reception site and we all just sat at our tables. And it was gorgeous. And this was no small wedding either. I believe the groom was a son of someone in the upper management of an oil company. Plus, your venue looks beautiful. I think your florist can shove it too. 🙂

Post # 9
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ditto to telling the florist to shove it!

Post # 10
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Tell the florist that its your function not theirs and if they want business…..”Everything is fine!” they need to keep their personal opinions out of it and just do their J.O.B.

P.S I like the photo of your planned area.

Post # 11
45667 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think it is a lovely use of the space.

If you decide to get another florist, be sure to tell the old one why you cancelled your plans to give them your business.

Post # 12
1555 posts
Bumble bee

Tell that florist to shove it and find a new one, ones who are respectful. Have they seen the venue? It’s lovely!

Post # 13
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think the venue is goregous ! Def find a new flourist !

Post # 14
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I like the idea of setting the chairs in rows for the ceremony and then reorganizing everything into tables for the reception, but only if you’re going to do a cocktail hour, and only if that cocktail hour is in another space. Because the reception is taking place immediately after the ceremony I think the layout you have is just fine. The space is also really beautiful, by the way.

You should go for a different florist. The one you talked to sounds really disrespectful and rude.

Post # 15
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Oh my god, I am having venue envy…Definitely refrain from hiring that florist, he sounds like an unprofessional jerk. 

Post # 16
1243 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I third SapphireSun.  The florist is ridiculous and I would find someone else to do your flowers.  You don’t need that kind of negativity. 

I’ve been to a wedding where the guests were all seated at tables during the ceremony.  It actually worked quite well.  The venue arranged the tables so that there was an aisle of sorts (it crossed the dance floor).  

Either way, your venue is gorgeous and your plans are definitely not the T-word.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors