(Closed) Florists called my wedding & reception “tacky”!

posted 11 years ago in Reception
Post # 47
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I think that photo looks awesome, and I’m also doing a one-room wedding.  I’m shocked that any vendor would say something so thoughtless to a would-be customer.  Move on to someone who isn’t completely pathetic.

Post # 48
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m having our ceremony held in the exact same manner – if any vendor I used insulted my idea, they’d be gone! good choice in dumping them!

Post # 49
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Ugh, I’m so sick of vendors who act like doing anything less than a grand 300 person wedding is beneath them. Get rid of that florist. They obviously don’t deserve your business. You might want to consider sharing that story on a review site of that vendor, as well. A professional should know how to bite their tongue.

I have a good friend who had a smaller wedding (about 50 people) a few years ago. When she started looking for her wedding cake, I referred her to my favorite bakery. They were soo nasty to her, and basically told her that they didn’t “do” little weddings. Right around the same time they lost a cake that I ordered for a relative’s birthday, so I went online to leave some really neagative feedback and discovered that they had failed to show up at a wedding with the bride’s cake a month before. I stopped ordering from that place and told everyone I knew about their negative reviews.

Post # 50
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I would get a new florist! The room looks lovely!

Post # 51
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

Sounds lovely. say bye to that florist.

Post # 52
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

if you want to walk the isle you could always put dinner tables to each side and just make a space thru the middle i”ll post a picture right now i will draw one for you 🙂

Post # 53
725 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We did exactly what you were talking about. People were seated at their tables to watch the ceremony and we walked from the back of the room to the front. It worked perfectly and didn’t take away from the feel at all.

I say go for it!!!

Post # 54
850 posts
Busy bee

@gotitang:   I love, love, love this idea!  It’s different, intimate, and everyone would be able to see and be a part of your wedding.  Since it’s a short period of time, people will be able to stand no problem.  They could hold candles, or the ladies could hold a single flower or ribbon wands.  There are lots of options! 

Post # 55
1722 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hmm, I’m pretty sure your FLORIST is the one who’s tacky. How rude.

Post # 56
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@SoontobeMrsA:  THIS.  Being unprofessional, that’s tacky.

And I’m just putting this out there: the Critic’s Choice Awards are on tv right now, and Hollywood’s elite are sitting in the same format that you are envisioning for your guests.  Seems to be working for them!  😉

Post # 57
124 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I went to a wedding where you sat at your table during the ceremony and I had one issue with it. The room was huge and I was on an outside table so we saw very little of the ceremony and couldn’t hear much either. Make sure your venue is arranged so everyone can enjoy the experience and it should be fine!

Post # 58
30 posts
Newbee

I know my response is late. But I think your venue looks GORGEOUS! I hope you put those florists in their place! I was just at a wedding a few weeks ago where we all sat at our tables for the ceremony. It was nice, uncomplicated, short, & sweet. We all enjoyed it very much!

Post # 60
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am coming into this post pretty late, but I just read through everything, and can I just say: Good for you for telling that florist to shove it! Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but what did you end up picking for flowers, by the way?

Getting married with such a gorgeous view, and over your hometown no less, is going to make your wedding extra special! Good luck tying up any last-minute loose ends!

Post # 61
153 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010 - The Atlantic Beach Club

I went to a wedding that did this last year and didn’t think anything of it. It was actually nice because there was more time to enjoy the reception, they also had a quick ceremony.

I think the space is beautiful. Don’t let the florist bring you down. Our florist though it was weird that we were using starfish in October, but we loved it and no one else though it was strange.

The topic ‘Florists called my wedding & reception “tacky”!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors