(Closed) Flower Girl & RB

posted 11 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

man…i say use the wagon. if she gets upset and says you’re copying her, send her pictures of the thousands of other weddings involving ring bearers, wagons, and flower girls.

Post # 4
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

ok, sorry – i guess that was a little snarky. i just get a little overwhelmed with everybody insisting their weddings be totally unique, you know? i understand it to a certain degree, but there are only so many ways to get a toddler down an aisle! …as i’m sure you know. this must be frustrating for you!

ok, in lieu of a wagon or wagon alternative, could you just have the ringbearer and the flower girl walk together? alternatively, could her mother walk her, or wait at the other end of the aisle so that she’ll walk directly to her mom? is there another older girl who could also be a flower girl who could hold the little one’s hand?

Post # 5
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

Is there a small carriage or pretty stroller or something that the flower girl could sit in and the Ring Bearer could push her?  That might totally not work… just an idea 🙂

Post # 6
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2007

I have a similar situation as my ring bearer will be 19 months on my wedding day.  I will either let him toddle down the aisle to his mom or dad, or else have one of them walk him down.  It’s possible that his cousin, my flower girl may also be able to hold his hand and walk him down to his parents.  I’m not too worried about this because it’s not like he will be required to stand with us as we’re being married.  If he freaks out alltogether and doesn’t walk, I am fine with that too.  I love the child to no end, and that’s why we chose him to be in our wedding. I really am just concerned about having him in the pics which shouldn’t be a problem as he’s not a terribly fussy kid.

If you like the wagon idea – then use it.  Just make sure that you work out all the details – like where it’s going once it makes it up the aisle, etc.  Another very reasonable solution could be to have a groomsman or usher carry the kid down the aisle to mom and dad.  Seriously though, this is a VERY small detail.  Don’t stress over it because kids are unpredictable and it may or may not go according to plan anyway.  There are a lot of variables, and no matter what, I am sure she’ll look adorable whatever route you go.

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

Is the Flower Girl too young for a decorated toddler bike? One of those plastic ones?

The topic ‘Flower Girl & RB’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors