- 8 years ago
- Wedding: June 2011
My mom and I went to meet with florists for the first time yesterday, and I think I’ve just encountered the first wedding issue about which I feel completely at sea.
* I don’t have “colors.” We’re not having attendants, and the wedding is going to be at my mom’s house, so I haven’t needed to pick any kind of consistent palate yet. The one color I know about: my dress will have thin, royal-to-peacock blue piping on it. But I have no idea how to match that to any flowers other than white/ivory that will look good.
* I don’t know whether or not we’re going to use a chuppah, and thus whether or not we will want flowers to decorate said chuppah.
* I don’t know whether we will have any kind of corsages/boutonnieres for the parents. The groom won’t be wearing one, but I think at least a few of the parents (3 dads, 3 moms) will want one.
* I don’t know if I want a bouquet or not.
* The colors I tend to love are either not common in flowers (teal, peacock blue) or don’t seem like they would go with the rest of the late June wedding (dark red/cranberry, purple?)
What I do know I want:
small centerpieces for cocktail tables
2 bigger arrangements for guest/buffet tables.
Things I may or may not want:
corsages/bouts for parents
And I don’t want to just say “the hell with it,” because I love flowers and like the idea of having them around at my wedding. And there is NO WAY IN HELL I’m DIYing it. My mother and I both would have a nervous breakdown.
And, of course, just to make it interesting, I would like to keep the flower budget under $700 if possible.
So, given my ridiculous lack of helpfulness, any suggestions? Any ideas for dark blue flowers that might go with my dress, or other colors/types kinds of flowers that might work?