(Closed) Flowers under $500

posted 6 years ago in Flowers
Post # 2
7440 posts
Busy Beekeeper

You could look at doing your own. Go online and look at prices for what you like.

Post # 3
772 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I did Sam’s club.  All my flowers came to under $800.  I bought the bouquets ready made and then got bulk flowers and created the centerpieces myself

Post # 4
1002 posts
Bumble bee

Check Whole Foods. They will work with your budget

Post # 5
288 posts
Helper bee

Or you could look at etsy and do fake flowers, like silk or sola.

Post # 6
3791 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Mine actually were below $500, I just found a florist with good reviews, told her what my budget was, told her which particular flower HAD to be included, and she worked her magic.  She isn’t doing centerpieces or any other decorations (my parents are growing flowers for centerpieces), and I’m just doing bouquets and boutinierres (I can never spell that correctly) and corsages.  If you meet with a florist who won’t work with your budget, thank them and walk out of the consultation.  A good florist will meet in the middle with you.

Post # 7
417 posts
Helper bee

I did the Costco 20 pieces roses for $429.00.  They have a similar hydrangea package.

Substitution is allowed, so I switched centerpieces out for bridesmaids bouquets.  The flowers were great and held up well. I would order at least two weeks earlier than the website says.

Post # 8
2402 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

If you are looking to get everything — bouquets, boutonnières, corsages, and Centerpieces, you’ll need to DIY to hit below $500. 

I am buying mine from Costco. The flowers are costing around 350, and I’m estimating another $75 for supplies and centerpieces. I bought my  vases from the dollar tree. 

Post # 9
9344 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
alishac:  I did it in Boston!!  I also ended up with a lot of hydrangeas. for my bouquet and the centerpieces, all the bridal party flowers were roses.  I didn’t care what kind of flowers I got so I said “give me as many white and soft peachy/pink flowers you can for $500”. You’ll get more than you think if you phrase it that way instead of saying “how many peonies can I get for $500”. Give them a budget and what you need and let the florist figure it out!

ETA: I did not DIY, I used the florist that worked with my catering company. 

Post # 10
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Carmen\'s Lakeview

View original reply
alishac:  I’m getting my flowers through Sobey’s, a grocery store here in Canada. I’m getting 5 bouquets, 5 boutonnieres and 3 wrist corsages, as well as enough carnations and white roses for 15 centrepieces. ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s costing me $420! It is completely doable!

Post # 11
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

The only fresh flowers I had at my wedding were my bouquet and 3 bouquets for my BM’s.  I spend $250 it would have been more but the florist was a friend and she didn’t charge me for her time.  Otherwise, it would have been more like $400ish. 

I was on a budget as well.  I think $500 will be fine for flowers you just need to spend your money wisely.  I didn’t do fresh flowers for centrepieces, it saved a ton of money.  There are great non-floral centrepiece ideas out there that look great but are inexpensive.  I did slik flowers from michaels with vases I got at the thrift store (pictured).  Since my hubbie is a sports fan we had the guys wear baseball pins instead of boutineers.  My mom is allergic to most flowers so I got these beautiful silk flowers coursages from etsy, for her and my Mother-In-Law.  Both of these ideas were very cost effective.

As for the bouquets…mine were hydrangeas, cream roses, and baby breath.  Baby breath is a great idea and quite popular with a lot of brides because it’s very pretty but inexpensive compared to most flowers.  Also, I’d suggest speaking to the florist about using seasonal flowers.  If you can be a little flexible, I had a friend do this with her wedding and I was amazed at the flowers she got on a small budget.  When flowers are in season the more easily available and the prices goes down.  More cost effective then choosing a flower(s) than and then trying to fit them into your budget.  $500 can be done you just need to be creative.  You’ve got the budget you’ve got.  I didn’t have any fresh flowers inside my reception venue, and our caterer told me that our wedding was the best decorated compared to other wedding he’d done at our venue.  Believe it or not some of the decorations inside were from the dollar store lol  More $$ spent on flowers doesn’t always mean better.  Sometimes it’s just more. JJ0258103coursageJJ025802

https://www.pinterest.com/glcig2/non-floral-centerpieces/

Post # 12
87 posts
Worker bee

I had 3 Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets, 4 botonnaires, a flower girl’s flower pomander , 2 corsages and a huge bridal bouquet, all for $400. I went in with a picture from Pinterest on the look I wanted and my florists worked with my budget. She was actually able to make my bouquet look exactly like the picture I brought her. The Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets were simpler, mostly hydrangeas which helped. We used the hurricane vases and candles our venue provided for our center pieces. That saved us hundreds if not thousands, and we used the bridesmaids bouquets for decorations so we did her some nice pictures from that. A food florist should be able to do something if you are flexible. heres a pic of my bouquet ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by pinklover.
Post # 14
87 posts
Worker bee

Thanks! I loved it, picking the flowers were my favorite part of wedding planning. Let us know how it turns out!

Post # 15
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
alishac:  FYI 1st picture is of my nephew our ring bearer, just to show you the baseball pins we used.  The table pic and blue bouquet were from my wedding.  One pic of the silk flower coursages I bought.  The others were just a few ideas of possiblities ๐Ÿ™‚  

The topic ‘Flowers under $500’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors