(Closed) FlowersandFreshness.com & Fifty-Flowers.com Review

posted 9 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
7053 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

That’s wonderful news!  So glad it went great for you.  Do you have any pics you could share?

I may go with them for bulk rose petals.  Maybe more too! 

It’s always good to know who has outstanding service to their clients and communicates well.

Post # 4
333 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I am also looking at fifty-flowers.com for rose petals.  Thanks for the review!

Post # 5
1901 posts
Buzzing bee

Thanks for this review. I was planning on ordering from fiftyflowers and then started to think I would have a florist do the bouquets, bouts & corsages, but after the floral quote I just got- it’s back to DIY!

Would love to see pics!

Post # 6
2289 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Ditto on the pics. I’m planning to DIY and to order from fiftyflowers as well. I hadn’t heard about flowersandfreshness yet, so thanks for spreading the word!

Post # 7
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

That’s great that they worked out so well for you.  We ordered through Sam’s Club online and got the same great service and quality you did.

Post # 8
3098 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Thank you for the recommendations! I have to admit I’m a bit skeptical about buying flowers sight unseen, but I’d feel better about it after hearing that glowing review! 🙂 

Post # 9
2205 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

glad you had a good experience!  Just anote on the rose petals.  I use freeze dried rose petals that were just as pretty and delecate as fresh ones and lasted a long time!

We bought them from the same place as Mrs. Perfume: Flyboy naturals

I think they might be cheaper depending on what kind and color you want!

Post # 10
1246 posts
Bumble bee

can you post photos of everything you made with your purchases!?!? we would love to see!

Post # 11
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2009

DO NOT USE 50flowers for anything…………….my otherwise perfect wedding was ruined by this company and they are giving me the run around about reimbursing me for the faulty colored flower they sent.  I will be happy to forward my correspondence with fifityflowers.com along with pictures of what I ordered versus what was rec’d.  Instead of going on and on about how unsatisfied I am, I will let you be the judge of it yourself.  Please feel free to email me at <span style=”font-size: x-small; color: #81a026;”>[email protected] and I will be happy to share my experience, pictures and all.

Post # 12
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Fiftyflowers.com stands behind our flowers as well as customer service. We have personally apologized with our customer for the inconveniences experienced with her order, and compensation has been issued as requested. Our goal is to strive to make our clients happy by providing beautiful wedding flowers. While the pictures for the customer sent did not represent the problem as accurate as possible, we were happy to work with our customer to ensure customer satisfaction.

Post # 13
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I was some some research earlier on online bulk flowers, I wanted to save some money and make my own flowers. I looked a lot at fiftyflowers, they look like an older company and there are plenty of coupons for them online. But then I came across some REALLY bad reviews, so I got kind of freaked out.

Later I found myself on the bunchesdirect website. It was very different, but it did the job. I ordered my flowers and got them really fresh, not a single flower was broken and everything was going just great.  I’m really happy with the service I received, but this makes me wonder about fiftyflowers again… There are just so many mixed reviews out there. it’s odd.

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2011

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH FLOWERS AND FRESHNESS!!!!!!! They nearly RUINED my my engagement party by failing to deliver the flowers I ordered a month in advance.

My party was a brunch in Manhattan on a Saturday April 30th so I had arranged for the flowers to arrive on the Thursday April 28th beforehand so my mother and I could put arrangements together on Friday while watching the Royal wedding. 

Well Thursday came and went and no flowers. We called on Thursday evening and no one answered our calls or emails. We also called all morning on Friday and got no response. Their customer service is deplorable to say the least. 

We FINALLY GOT A CALL BACK FROM FLOWERS AND FRESHNESS AFTER WE CALLED AMERICAN EXPRESS to fight the charge. Then within 5 minutes they called apologetically saying the flowers would arrive sometime on Saturday and we would not be charged.The excuse was that the flowers got held up in a shipment. BS- what kind of flower shop doesn’t at least offer to send another comparable flower so that I wouldn’t be stranded?!

Needless to say, they arrived after the brunch on Saturday. What I am really upset about is having to cancel my hair/nail/facial appointment so that I could run around the NY area to purchase flowers and spend until late in the evening on Friday putting the arrangements together. Not to mention i ended up spending far too much $$ on the arrangements. The whole point of ordering in bulk online is to SAVE money!!!!!!

WILL CERTAINLY NOT BE USING FLOWERS AND FRESHNESS EVER AGAIN.

They made a very happy occasion far to stressful. 

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi, I was debating between both of these companies.

I did my research and every bulk flower company has people telling horror stories about their experiences, so i went with what was more affordable – which was Flowers and Freshness.

I did not order months in advance (about 2 weeks). A week after I placed my order I got a call telling me part of my order was not available, I could choose a different color, get a different flower or get a refund. I went with more of a flower I was already getting. My bridal bouquet wasn’t going to look as nice as i pictured it but whatever I wasn’t going to stress, I knew there was a chance of this happening. 

A few days later (3 days before delivery) I got another call telling me the one flower I was supr excited about was not available and I could get a refund for the 120 stems – but I needed flowers, not a refund, so I got more of another flower I had. So much for variety. 

Then, I got tracking information and saw that the new delivery day is for Friday morning, a day after I’m suposed to get them – the day I leave to drive up to the wedding site a few hours away.

Yes, I’m annoyed but the only thing I can do at this point is hope I get the flowers ontime that morning and alive – and I hope they open up in time for the wedding the next day. After all, bad things come in three’s not fours!

On a positive note, they were super easy to reach during business hours and helpful. Just the lack of communication between the grower and the main office was less than desierable. 

2 more days, and looking forward to cocktail hour!

I’ll post pics and update after I get them at the soonest chance I get. 

-e

Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Do not use flowerandfreshness.com. Terrible product terrible service. I purchased my wedding flowers through them and the quality was terrible. The flowers heads fell off of the stem within two days of arrivial and were completely unusable for the wedding. I emailed their customer service department to inform of this and was told no refund is possible due to the fact I do not have a photograph of the original shipping box. If you want good flowers or any customer service do not use this compnay.

The topic ‘FlowersandFreshness.com & Fifty-Flowers.com Review’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors