(Closed) Deleted

posted 6 years ago in Elopement
Post # 3
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m not sure what the rules are in California but in PA you can get a new birth certificate if you lose the old one.  I’d just say you can’t find the original and file for a new one.  I’d check out your state website to see what you can find.

Post # 4
18 posts
  • Wedding: October 2013

You order a copy to be sent to your address if you have time and don’t want to ask you Future Mother-In-Law.  I’ve had to do it a few times, we keep losing mine then finding it after I need it. 

Post # 6
3773 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 1999

He needs to either suck it up and ask his mom for it or go fill out the paper work for a new one. He is an adult and should have a copy of it in in his possesion. It is really easy in WI to get a new one. The information should be on the vital records website.


Post # 7
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

In Ky you can either order yours online (anyone can do it) and have it shipped for a fee, or go to the capitol and have a certified copy for $10 in about five minutes. Can he just go to his Vital Statistics office and get one?


Post # 8
533 posts
Busy bee

How has he been able to get a drivers licence without his birth cert? Honestly you are over thinking it. If for some horrible reason she won’t hand it over, go get another one. Surely you have a births/deaths registry where you can get a new one?

Post # 9
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I got my marriage license in California a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know if it depends on the county you’re in, but we didn’t need to bring a birth certificate. Just gave them a government issued form of ID (driver’s license/passport) and $78!

The topic ‘Deleted’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors