(Closed) Folding 1000 paper cranes…

posted 6 years ago in DIY
Post # 3
873 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

No, but I say do it!! I’m making about 300 paper flowers (still have 100 to go). You should look for a youtube video to help you out. Good luck!

Post # 4
838 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’ve folded many paper cranes in my time, but I couldn’t imagine doing 1000! But if it’s something you mindlessly do while you watch TV, I think it’s possible and won’t seem as daunting.

That’s what I’ve been doing with my origami flower pomanders. 

So far I’ve made 4 and it’s taken me about a billion years. 12 flowers per pomander, so 48 flowers total. Each flower is made of five origami petals that are glued together. 48 x 5 = 1 million (or 240 if you’re using real math). I’m probably going to do at least another four >.<

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!! 

Post # 6
516 posts
Busy bee

Yes, I’m doing 1000 cranes for my sister’s wedding! We lived in Japan for a while as kids.

i haven’t started yet but I’m confident they’ll come together before 10/5/13! 

Happy folding, Bees!

Post # 7
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Good luck. I am also folding. I think once you get the pattern donemuscle memory will help

You with the rest. 

Post # 8
Bee
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

yes, I made a 1000 of them once upon a time. The first oh 50 or so, I found I had to really think about what I was doing, but after a point, I didn’t really have to think  or look to make them. I recommend not inflating them though before you have to, they store better flat.  I used to keep a bag of origami paper with me and a ziplock bag in my purse and do a little bit when I had some free time. It doesn’t take nearly as long as it sounds.

The topic ‘Folding 1000 paper cranes…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors