(Closed) for a May 2013 wedding when do I need to start dress shopping?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

folllowing this, as i’m getting married same time. but i’m 8 months pregnant so i have to wait a couple months o get back down to my normal weight. im so excited though!!!!

Post # 4
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I personally did mine a little early. Just for the sake of having it in. Im a “freakout” person. I ordered my dress about a year out and Im getting the 1st alterations done 4 months in advance.

I would just start dress shopping if I were you. However, Im a really big early bird. So, you might not like my info! haha.

Good Luck!!

Post # 5
584 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I have an appointment Jan 28th.. I was looking on like and that is when there will be a trunk sale in my town for Maggie Sottero. There are a few of her dresses I really like. Earlier then I thought I would start, but hell can’t beat a trunk sale (If I find the right dress)

Aslo depending on where you go, it could take up yo 8 months for the shop to get the dress in. Thats what I was told.

Post # 6
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m a September 2013 bride and I started gown shopping over Christmas. I know some people thought it was a great idea and some people thought I was crazy but I’m so glad I went! A few reasons 1. I live far away from my family and where the wedding is and the next time I’ll be there may not be until August so this was a good “go get a feel for what you like” trip and then in August narrow it down. 2. I was shocked! and what I liked on me. I never thought I was a lace bride but wanted to try one of each type of gown on to “narrow it down”. When I got to the lace that was all I wanted to try on from there on out. Now it’s helped to focus my search in magazines/online etc bc I now look at those instead of the more simple satin or chiffon I thought I liked! 3. The dress I ended up liking was an Allure and a Maggie… they said that right now Maggie’s are taking up to 8 months to come in! So going back in August/September (12 months from the wedding) isn’t early…giving 8 months to come in and 2 for alterations and 2 just in case!

I hope this helps!!!

Post # 7
781 posts
Busy bee

I’m May 2012 bride and I started shopping July 2011…and found IT by August 2011…and they said my dress would take 4-6 months…it came in in October.  But I would suggest looking now…and serious shopping maybe one year out, so you don’t buy too early and get tempted when you see the new seasons come out!

Post # 8
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m a September 2012 bride and I already bought my dress (last Tuesday ^^;), we just kind of went to browse for kicks and Fiance suggested I try some on. I already knew I wanted something in lace that was no higher than $600, and I found the dress of my dreams for $299. Just so happened that I had the extra cash in the bank at the time from the holidays so I bought it, it’s gonna need $250 worth of alterations and I’ve already saved 3/4 of it. πŸ™‚ So excited! Going in and browsing never hurts either. πŸ˜€

Post # 9
284 posts
Helper bee

I’m May 2013 and I already have my dress – but you have plenty of time! They told me my dress would take 6-8 months, so honestly I could’ve waited until May, or even later. I wanted to lose a few lbs before I tried on dresses too but I did it anyway and I’m glad I did because I bought a dress I’m comfortable in in the weight I’m at – but that I know I’ll love even more when I finally tone up and am at the shape/size I want to be.

Post # 11
85 posts
Worker bee

I’m also a May 2013 bride, and I have already been starting to look.  I found one I love but I don’t want to see the new season’s dresses come out, and then regret my purchase, so I am gonna keep looking, and knowing what is out there, but still wait for the 2012/13 line to come out.

Post # 12
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I am a September 2013 bride and I started looking in Jan 2012 and purchased my dress two weeks ago πŸ™‚ I knew exactly what I wanted and Im very happy with my dress πŸ™‚

Post # 13
1279 posts
Bumble bee

Start looking now. It can’t hurt. πŸ™‚  I’m a May 2013 bride and I already bought my dress.

Post # 14
4 posts
Wannabee

I think u can choose your wedding dress from now.

U know. It is always hard to get desired wedding dress. LOL

Post # 15
651 posts
Busy bee

I am a May 2012 bride and I started looking around in July/August 2011 but this is partly because some friends of mine were getting married so we went shopping together. It turned out to be a good thing because dress shopping is quite a lot of work (and I didn’t do it all in one go but took a more relaxed approach). I just could not find a dress. I went to one store maybe every 10 days (altogether 4 stores but went 3 times to one store) and I finally only actually bought my dress at the end of September (but changed my mind a few days later and made another appointment at the end of October for my real dress).

The topic ‘for a May 2013 wedding when do I need to start dress shopping?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors