Post # 61
1) Athiest (This is a huge no, no for me. I have to be with someone with a similar relegious and spirtual belief as me.)
2) Liberal (I need to be with someone who is similar politically or there would probably be ugly fights.)
3) Lacks Ambition
Post # 62
1. Has no sense of humor. I think Darling Husband is hysterical and it’s one of the reasons I was attracted to him in the first place.
1. Is a picky eater. I love to cook and try new foods, so I’d be majorly frustrated with a meat-and-potatoes-only type of person.
We just came back from spending the weekend with DH’s parents and family friends, and they were saying how they made an egg noodle side dish for dinner, but had to make potatoes because they weren’t sure if this one guy would eat egg noodles. Seriously?! Yeah, no thanks to that.
Post # 63
1. Doesn’t keep promises. (This is very important to me as I wouldn’t be able to be with someone who isn’t accountable and might constantly disappoint our children in the future)
2. Doesn’t like to travel and try new things (we’ve had some amazing international adventures and we’re both foodies..I’d be very stifled by someone who was a picky eater and didn’t like planes, hikes and random excursions)
Post # 64
1) Drinks too much
2) Doesn’t want to spend time with my family
Post # 66
1. Eats noisily
2. Uses reflexive pronouns incorrectly, unlike myself.
Post # 67
Haha, mine’s opposite from some of you guys..
1. Can’t handle his liquor
2. Doesn’t like to be super silly
Post # 68
Isn’t affectionate — and is afraid of PDA
Is not a Christian
Post # 69
1. Has chronic sinus congestion (sniffles drive me insane).
2. Very religious (I’m agnostic)
3. Doesn’t like animals
4. Small framed
Post # 70
- Wedding: May 2015 - St Peter\'s Church, East Maitland, and Bella Vista, Newcastle
– Wanted me to be a Stay-At-Home Wife. While I look forward to weekends and holidays, I need the mental stimulation of going to work, plus I couldn’t cope with being entirely dependent on anyone else financially.
– Smokes/drinks too much/does illegal drugs.
This is of course assuming cheating/lying/abuse are presumed no-gos!
Post # 72
Who I hadn’t lived with first.
who couldn’t handle my mental health.
who refuses their own mental health care.
Addiction to anything. Drugs is a huge no, and so is drinking too much.
I always thought smokes but when I dated Fiance he smoked, luckily he quit for me.
didn’t respect animals and my passion for them.
Homophobia, racism n, sexist, disrespectful to other’s.
Post # 73
My dealbreakers were:
1. Is churchgoing or even just religious
2. Anti-gay or even just not comfortable around gay people – my best friend of 20+ years is a gay man. He is family, and any guy I dated would be out the door at any sign of dislike or discomfort towards him
3. Doesn’t have a college degree
4. Picky eater
5. Doesn’t like to travel
Post # 74
In addition to the dealbreakers of cheating, abuse and addiction, I could never marry a man who
1) Is high strung – ie the type of man who gets upset if he hears any noise at night because he will wake up and not be able to go back to sleep…ie, he worries about every nickel and dime such as with the air conditioning in the summer…ie. he is pickier than I am about housework lol.
2) Is quieter than I am. I need somebody who likes to let loose and have fun, who doesn’t think I’m too loud but rather enjoys my lively ness .
3) Who cant carry a tune. I sing so that’s important to me.
Post # 75
I know you only said to list two buuuut.. besides the obvious (lying, cheating) I would never marry someone who:
1. Is really religious. I respect it if that’s your thing, but I am really not comfortable with most organized religions and I think my semi-spiritual/Buddhist tendancies would just start a fight.
2. Doesn’t support equal rights for all. Not just some or the group they are a part of–all.
3. Has no interest in the arts whatsoever. This hits home for me because it’s my career, and I know not everyone can get excited about paper samples but you can at least humor me and go touch some paper.
4. Is a smoker. Even though both my parents and my brother smoke, I just can’t deal. I have asthma and it negatively affects my health. I think the nicotine also gives me contact dermatitis–ugh.
5. Isn’t passionate about what they do (or want to do) and can’t push me to be better. I want to be all that I can be and it’s a huge deal to have someone who can inspire and cheer me on.