Post # 1
Regardless of your age ( you could be 19 or 80 ) or if you actually want to do this things, what do you feel you are too old for now?
Some of mine..
1. Shoes that are not comfortable. I put my comfort first. I love fashion, but I won’t kill myself with shoes that make me wanna sit down.
2. Travelling. I know this is not normal and kind of embarrassing and not something that I am proud of. My parents are in their 60s and travel all the time, but I cannot leave my house for a weekend away as easily as I did when younger.
3. Weird ice cream flavors that I don’t really like. Every calorie counts.
4. Dressing ( really ) revealingly. I mean, you can always do sexy-classy but you have to be in your early 20s to pull off slutty-classy.
5. Staying somewhere for longer than I want.
6. Skating. I used to love it.
7. Fighting with my mother for stupid reasons. I always say ”yes, mother” and then do what I want.
And probably many more..
Post # 2
Forever21, does that stop me? NOPE.
Post # 3
drama… the older I get the less I can tolerate peoples attitudes or people trying to push their non issues onto other – now I simply get up and walking away because wasting breath on arguments with morons isnt worth my rapidly deminishing times and I honestly couldnt care less about people 1st world problems when you know they caused it themself anyway and just want a pity party
Post # 4
Potty training and raising toddlers. So much easier the first time around in my mid twenties than now in my mid 30’s. Of course, the older child is in the training bra, periods,boys, and shaving her leg stage so my life is a constant battle of “Im too old for this sh&t and I’m too young for this sh^t”
Post # 5
Drinking heavily on a work night. Though I’m 36 weeks pregnant, so it’s not a current risk, haha.
But seriously… age 30+ hangovers are about 2 days long and feel like death. Not worth it anymore!
Post # 6
For reference, I am 32 y/o.
- Pokemon Go
- Staying out late on a week night
- Spring Break
Post # 7
Staying out past midnight. Drives my friends crazy but when the clock strikes 11 I’m like “sooo I gotta go”. I hate being exhausted or sleeping late the next day!
Post # 8
Haha I love this. I feel like I’m always adding to my Murtaugh list. Here are a few that I can think of right now, I’m sure there are a ton more:
1. Going to ~da club~. I like bars where I can sit down, and not be grinded upon by a thirsty 22 year old.
2. Being awake past 2 AM. I turn into an especially heinous bitch if I’m for some reason awake in the wee hours – especially if it’s because I was out at ~da club~
3. Not sleeping in my own bed. I used to be able to sleep just about anywhere, now I’ll stop at nothing to ensure I end the night on my own mattress.
4. Being social for the sake of being social. I’m old enough to know when I need alone time to recharge.
5. Cheap liquor. After way too many bad experiences in college, I have a hard and fast rule: if it comes in a plastic container, I am not consuming it.
PS – I’m 27, but I’m an old soul and “get off my lawn” is basically my life motto lol
Post # 9
Couch surfing or sleeping on the floor. Ugh.
Post # 10
My friend was telling me about a dance club she went to, she lamented there was a cover charge but they waive it for women before 10PM. I’m like hmm yeah that will not be a problem for me. I’m practically more likely to magically turn into a man than I am to arrive at a club past 10PM.
Post # 11
HAHAHAH so true. This comes to mind:
Post # 13
– The bar scene
– Staying up/out all night
– Peoples’ drama
– Really awful and uncomfortable shoes
– Super long hair
– Needing to be surrounded by people – I love my privacy
Post # 14
1. Going clubbin’….I am a girl in her (late) 30s, and I get a headache just thinking about it. I went two years ago for a birthday party and got my ass randomly squeezed twice.
2. Wearing super low rise jeans where you can see the top of my ass
3. Getting drunk…Just.No.
4. Going out on a week night. Unless it is for a very special and unique occasion, my ass will be in the house (or at my man’s house).
5. Too old for chronic unemployment
6. Too old for roommates…not happening
Post # 15
I’m with you on the shoes! I used to love my stillettos and wore them everywhere. I still think they look nice but I’m always in ballet flats or flat sandals now (or flat boots in the winter). It’s just not worth it for my feet to hurt all the time, I’d rather be comfortable.
Going out on a “school night” – I can’t go to work hungover anymore!