Post # 166
- Wedding: May 2016 - St. John\'s Lutheran Church
I’m not totally sure that this is what you’re saying, but I hate crop tops on ANYONE. Like, I just don’t find the midriff to be an attractive part of the body. Even if you have a perfectly flat stomach, I don’t want to see it.
I feel you about Beyonce! I’m so sick of seeing “queen Bey” plastered all over everything. Her voice is amazing but her music is so boring! There’s no melody or musicality at all, it’s just a platform for her to riff endlessly. (I’m gonna have to disagree about pizza, obviously. But I respect where you’re coming from.)
Post # 167
Gender Reveal parties.
Super elaborate facebook announcements about pregnancy/engagements.
Basically the over the top-ness of everything nowadays. Whatever happened to keeping some things private? Simply calling your friends and family to announce things? Why do we have to have parties for everything?
Pinterest. I find it so hard to follow.
People’s obsessions with tv shows. I like my tv shows but I don’t feel the need to talk about them 24/7 and cry during the season finales.
Post # 168
- Wedding: April 2015 - City Hall NYC
Don’t yell at me…I know this is a wedding forum.
Engagement pics and engagements parties…dont get it
Post # 169
Rain (SoCal native)
MAYO (OMG EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW)
Pretty much all fashion trends (crop tops, high waisted stuff…)
Post # 170
- Wedding: June 2015 - Holly Hedge Estate
100% on board with the Beyonce crap. Did people actually hear that superbowl halftime show? That’s not singing, that’s talking/yelling into a microphone. Just because she stomps when she walks and screams into a mic and has her hair blowing in the GD wind, DOESNT make her talented. ughhhhhhhh
Post # 171
I don’t get men’s fashion right now or really women’s fashion either. Crop tops. No, that is not okay to wear in public. You’re basically wearing a bathing suit. And then the whole man lumbersexual thing. I know some people think it’s hot but I just will never understand why men feel like it’s “cool” to wear skinny jeans but then try to balance it with a flannel and a beard. What. are. you. doing. with your life?
and also this men’s haircut that is suddenly everywhere. Why?
Also the words people say these days. I can’t stand it. The next time I hear someone say something is “on fleek” I will punch them in. the. face.
Post # 172
I mean, I don’t like Beyonce’s popular music, but I still love her to death. The way she sings “Listen” in Dreamgirls gives me shivers!
Things I personally don’t get:
– Crossfit : only because almost everyone I know that’s into it ONLY talks about Crossfit
– Dubstep : this in no way resembles anything close to music for me
– Bumper Stickers : Every time I think I want one, I think about how annoying it’s going to be to take it off. The people with so many blow my mind. I can only equate it to tattoo-level commitment in my mind.
Post # 173
Ketchup is another one for me. I don’t know how anyone eats that nasty crap, let alone enjoys it. The smell makes me want to vomit.
Post # 174
I also don’t get Jonny Depp!
I don’t care about the Rolling Stones, 50 Shades of Grey, Oprah, huge eyebrows, and cilantro.
Post # 175
Ugh.. I HAAAAATE musicals. People at my office are straight gushing over Hamilton and I can’t bring myself to give a F. I never even liked Disney movies as a child because of all the singing.
Post # 176
Ugh.. I hate the bacon on everything mentality. Especially hamburgers.. There’s already meat there, it doesn’t need more meat!
Another food related thing I can’t stand is egg yolk. The taste is just so bad to me, which is weird because I do like eggs.. Just not runny yolks.
Post # 177
- obsessive eyebrow filling. I think I’ve only seen a handful of people that looked good with eyebrow filling. I think it’s overdone, and not subtle enought on like 99% of the population
- oreos and mayo may be the most repulsive smelling things on the face of the planet. and don’t get me started on the whole “sushi is amazing” trend. Blehhhhhh.
- I agree with PPs on the Beyonce thing. She has a good voice, but her music less than good.
- Frozen. I was sooo disappointed with it, and people are still OBSESSED!
- Words like Fleek. JUST STOP IT!
- Not a huge fan of highwaisted pants, and I literally can’t comprehend crop tops as a shirt to be worn in public.
- Tanning. I’ll admit, I’m paler than casper the friendly ghost, but I don’t understand people that tan or spray tan to the point of orange. It doesn’t look good. A nice healthy glow is nice, though.
- People getting offended by LITERALLY everything under the sun.
I could list about 5,000 more things I don’t understand, but I’ll stop there.
Post # 178
And thought I was alone with the whole not wanting bacon on my cheeseburger! People would literally look at me like I was crazy when they find this out. I like bacon just by itself for breakfast and that’s it. By the way, someone offered me the other day to try some of the glazed donut with bacon sprinkles he brought at work.
Post # 179
marriedtopizza: SweetBeets: slinktobee:
Beyonce is very much aware she’s a brand herself but it makes me wonder if she really thinks she is the best singer. Why? Because I think she tries makes up for for her voice/music visually. I’m sure you guys have noticed she is ALWAYS wearing leotards or very short & tight clothes, doing excessive booty moves, and wild hair in all her performances. I read an article that some musicians were even questioning her credibility as a true artist because according to them, she doesn’t write any of her songs and can’t play any instruments (apparently those are valued in the music world).
Post # 180
Snapchat! Like, WTF? I’m 23 and use lots of other social media, but it just seems so dumb….I can’t figure it out hahaha