FOR FUN: What would you do with an extra $750?

posted 1 year ago in The Lounge
Post # 16
4045 posts
Honey bee

fourthnoel :  I would buy myself a luxury handbag. I probably have to add a few hundred to that $750 though.

Post # 17
2539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

spa day or even just a few massages. I got one last weekend and forgot how amazing massages are!

Post # 18
13 posts
Newbee

Definitely going to spend them shopping for new clothes, go to movies and spa etc. 

Post # 19
Hostess
1727 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I’d either put it towards the mortgage or other debts (boring but I have law school loans to pay off) or I’d use it for a little mini weekend get away. 

Post # 20
6379 posts
Bee Keeper

I think spa day and date night sound amazing! Fancy dinner and a bottle (or two..) of that fancy wine. 

Post # 21
3541 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

fourthnoel :  I’d probably put it right into my baby fund or another savings account. How’s that for fun money? lol But if it were really burning a hole in my pocket, I’d probably get myself a new handbag or nicer piece of jewelry. Or put it towards a trip.

Post # 22
1364 posts
Bumble bee

I’d pick from:

-Nice new linen sheets & new pillow shams 

-A weekend away

-Art

Post # 23
1285 posts
Bumble bee

I would go to one those totally overpriced restaurants. I can never justify using that much money for food so I’d take this opportunity to do it!

Or take a holiday weekend somewhere.

Or be boring and it it towards my credit card 😑

Post # 24
1001 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’d get a great handbag on consignment, one that I would wear for years. Also love my Apple Watch, so that gets a vote too. Or refurbished iPad + pencil? Hella spendy multi-course restaraunt? 

Post # 25
7676 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I would most likely save it in our future vacation home fund, but if I my only option was to splurge on something tangible right now I’d start with some super nice new bedding and then probably a handbag. 

Post # 26
1638 posts
Bumble bee

How about split it up into 7 100’s, then, keep one of those in your purse at all times so you will have 100.00 splurge money all the time!  Just a different way of looking at it.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve come across something shopping, but didn’t have the money for it.  Many if not most of those things are under 100 bucks, so…….just replace the 100 as you go!

Post # 27
577 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I’d put it up for the honeymoon. But I’m a huge travel person, so all my extra cash goes towards that.

Post # 28
2500 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

wildflowerz :  I’m a sucker for high thread-count sheets so I second that suggestion. Go for something ridiculously high-end and a nice duvet cover to match. It would be nice to come home after your honeymoon to nice fresh bed linens. 

Or shoes. I love me some Jimmy Choos. 

Post # 29
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I’d out it towards a new bedroom set!

Post # 30
1017 posts
Bumble bee

I would host a dog picnic.  I would contact a catering company and arrange a lovely spread of food and wine and mocktails, and arrange to have it delivered to a local park and set up on tables (so the dogs couldn’t get the food), and then I would invite absolutely everyone I know who owns a dog or can borrow a dog, and how could they possibly refuse when they’re getting such a delicious spread to tuck into?  Then while everyone is eating and drinking, I will get to play with all the dogs, and my life will be complete.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors