Post # 1
I’ve been TTC for 4 months now. I used OPK’s from the start, but this is the first month I’ve done the daily charting and temping. I took the FF course first, so I feel pretty confident in what I’m doing and what to look for…there’s just a few questions I have for those that have a bit more experience than me…
1) My BBT is relatively stable but I’ve noticed on nights where I sleep restlessly, it spikes about half a degree and is back down the next day. My BBT range so far from days 1-10 have been 97-97.7. Does that seem like a typical range for the follicular phase? Is it typical to see a weird spike after a bad nights sleep?
2) How do you handle a poor nights sleep? I have an alarm set for 5:30 and I don’t have to be up until 7. The first few days was fine, but now my brain has been waking me up earlier and earlier and I have a hard time falling asleep. Ex: This morning I was WIDE awake at 4, had to pee, didn’t fall asleep until 5, therefore a 5:30 temp wouldn’t have been a good resting temp, but 4 is way earlier than my ‘usual time’.
3) What range of days do you typically O? I know everyone is different. My last three have been day 15, 16, 14. I have almost perfectly regular 28day cycles but have noticed that high stress adds a day or two the month I’m stressed. I noticed my O (per OPKs which I know don’t confirm actual O) have all been exactly 14 days before my next period. I know that is NOT a set thing, but it has been for me so far! Just asking so as to properly time my OPK’s ahead of time. We missed the window last month because I didn’t expect to O on 14 after having the last two on 15 and 16. Think I will start testing between 10-12 to be safe.
5) On FF galleries, it has an option to see charts by the same user. Has anyone noticed that there is almost NEVER more than one chart for anyone?! I’ve checked at least 100 now, and only a couple had more than one chart available, and even then the most I’ve found was 3 for a user. I find that hard to believe as some of those ladies have been TTC for a year+, and the detail of their charts leads me to believe that couldn’t possibly have been their first chart. I love the chart gallery, but I would prefer to follow the trend of a users charts…am I missing something?
Thank you in advance if you reply to my long list lol. I feel stupid posting them but I’m just bursting for info on other people’s experience!
Post # 2
okay there’s a lot here to go through but I’ll just answer what I can:
– I don’t notice differences in temp with restless sleeps but maybe mine aren’t that restless
– my O date always ranges so it won’t be a good gauge for you
– if you wake early you can use an online bbt converter to get a closer temp to your 530 one
– I think you only see one chart for most users because you have to share your chart for it to be in the gallery. I doubt most women share all their charts. I only shared my pregnancy one
Post # 3
Oh and the best way to get answers for most of your questions (like o range, bbt range, etc) is to continue temping and just compare to yourself. The one thing I’ve seen over and over is every body is totally different and it’s impossible to compare charts with much luck.
Post # 4
Yeah that’s kind of what I figured haha, I’m just so impatient, and the fact that it takes a month to see a full chart kills me hahaha.
And oh, I didn’t realize a user had to SHARE a chart for it to show up. Thank you! I had assumed that they were all just ‘there’ once they were complete.
Post # 5
I can try to give you a small bit of insight, I have been tracking using Fertility Friend for 1.5 years now.
1/2. Even when I’ve had poor/interrupted sleep I just take my temperature when I wake up as usual. I don’t set an alarm for the same time every day, I just temp when I wake up, and consistently still can see a clear temperature shift after ovulation. One off day shouldn’t really mess up your chart, its more about finding your body’s pattern over many consecutive days. If I have a super off day for some reason I just discard that temperature from my chart (e.g. if I am sick with a fever).
These temps are in celsius, but I am always approx 36.1 – 36.5 in the follicular phase, and 36.6 – 36.9 in the luteal phase. Which actually corresponds to what you seem to be seeing in your follicular phase.
3. My cycle is on the shorter side of average, 25 days. But my ovulation day can vary from day 8 – day 15. I almost never ovulate on the same day for consecutive cycles. Tracking EWCM and ovulation cramps is how I know its coming (I don’t use OPKs).
5. I only use the free version of FF which doesn’t let me see galleries so I am no help there.
Hope this helps a bit 🙂
Post # 6
Thank you that was very helpful!
Post # 7
Changed temps are pretty normal after a bad nights sleep. I personally use a tempdrop, and my FP temps are like 36.5-36.9, and then my LP temps are usually 36.95-37.4. My oral temps are about a half degree lower.
If you’re interested in discussion and chart comparisons etc, I highly recommend the charting group on Facebook “Fertility Awareness Method of Birth Control”, which has lots of women who a TTC and TTA.
I’ll throw one of my charts in because it’s fun, I use charting and fertility awareness (the Sensiplan protocol) as my main method of contraception currently.