(Closed) for those who did candy buffets with M&Ms…

posted 8 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

It looks like the picture didn’t work! We used M&M’s though, and I bought the huge bags from Target. With some of the candy I was unsure of, I opened it up and dumped it into my container, and then just sealed it back up afterward. 

Post # 4
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Oh, now I see it. Honestly, it’s hard to tell from a picture. I’d start with two big bags (the ones that are 7 or 8 lbs.), and go from there. Are you planning on having extra to keep refilling the vase?

The only thing you might want to consider is that it may be very difficult for your guests to get candy out of that vase since it’s so tall and narrow.

Post # 6
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

you’re going to need to take table height into consideration. Then that it’s placed in the back. Will a 5 ft. tall guest (large kid or smaller woman) be able to reach it and down into it with ease?

Post # 7
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Yeah, as a shorter person myself, I would be worried even if it was in front with the ladel that my arm wouldn’t reach or bend to be able to reach. Otherwise, I would say you are probably overestimating by a bit. I would say more likely 15 lbs.-20lbs.

Post # 8
2867 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Are you only doing M&Ms? I’d suggest putting something large and wrapped (like taffy or kisses) into the tall jar if people may need to use tongs to get the candy.

I’d imagine people may not be able to get to the bottom of it so you’d end up with a lot of uneaten M&Ms. I put filler in in the bottom of some of my jars so the candy would sit up higher. You could put a tall cyclinder into the tall vase and then fill candy around it so you could use less and still get the same visual effect.

The topic ‘for those who did candy buffets with M&Ms…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors