(Closed) Found a better deal on our cruise but it leaves 2 weeks later. Would you wait?

posted 8 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
Member
5106 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@UpstateCait: If it wasn’t that big of a deal, and you could both swing it with switching time off at work I would totally go for the savings!

Hell Fiance and I are waiting almost two months for ours, just so we can go skiing in Aspen :o)

Four hundred bucks, is four hundred bucks. Go hang with Flipper.

Post # 5
Member
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

If you were having a typical honeymoon right after your wedding, my immediate reaction is “No way!” Since you’re waiting anyway, then I’m not sure how much it matters? I guess it depends on how easy it is to switch your plans. Since I remember (?) you aren’t flying, and you can move your time off, I guess there’s no reason not to. As long as both of you are willing to wait just that little bit longer before your honeymoon. 

Post # 6
Member
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I would wait too.  What’s 2 more weeks?  Our wedding was in October and our honeymoon is not until April.  Actually it was great not to fuss with one more thing during the wedding planning process.  It has also been fun planning this winter and giving us something to look forward too.

Post # 9
Member
2702 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@UpstateCait: I would wait! It would build more anticipation for the HM! 🙂

Post # 10
Member
678 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I say go for the savings and take the 2 additional weeks!!  You’ve already pointed out all of the positives above and because your original wasn’t immediately after your wedding, what’s another 2 weeks worth?  $400!!

Post # 11
Member
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I think I would wait too because that is a lot of savings! In addition, it will be one month since your wedding so its kind of like a one monthaversary trip. You are already waiting 2 weeks after your wedding so I dont think another 2 weeks is a big deal. The two weeks after our wedding were actually really busy so by the time you get to your honeymoon you will probably feel TOTALLY relaxed!

Post # 12
Member
4109 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

If it were me, I would wait… like you said, if it were only $100 or so, it wouldn’t matter that much, but we’re talking extra “fun” money like you said & alot can be done w/ $400! You’d have extra time to get all the post wedding stuff out of the way- annoucements, thank you cards, last minute Honeymoon shopping, etc. I guess it depends on what’s most important to you both in the end… good luck!

Post # 13
Member
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I guess my first reaction is, why is it so much cheaper? Where are you leaving from and going- does the timing matter? For example, there is a cruise that leaves from Boston to Bermuda that would be ok at the end of Auguesdt but potentially horrible mid-Sept during hurricane season.

If the weather is not a factor, I’d save the money.

Post # 14
Member
1359 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Our wedding is July 15, and we aren’t going on our honeymoon until August 22! Like some other pp mentioned, it gives us something to look forward to. We might do a minimoon in Providence the weekend of the wedding just to have some time to ourselves. I would say go for it – 400 can get you a lot of fun things!

Post # 15
Member
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Yeah, we cruised the Caribbean in October and it was a little, uh, stormy. I would check the storm seasons too, because 1) it’s cheaper for a reason, and 2) if your ports of call get stormed out, you’re not gonna get to swim with the dolphins.

One of our ports, 1/2 the excursions were called off for storm reasons (we got refunded) and we didn’t get to swim with the stingrays; the other port, anything even remotely involving water was cancelled, so we ended up staying on ship (the pool was desserted – it was great!) and going to the spa instead.

We still enjoyed ourselves, but it was something of a disappointement.

The topic ‘Found a better deal on our cruise but it leaves 2 weeks later. Would you wait?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors