(Closed) FOUND MY DRESS!!!!!! but is it worth $4,300?

posted 8 years ago in African-American
  • poll: is this dress worth 4300?
    WORTH IT : (37 votes)
    12 %
    NOT WORTH IT : (278 votes)
    88 %
  • Post # 3
    608 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

Its defintely a va va voom dress. you look great.  I can’t tell you if its worth it because its different for everyone and everyones budget but you look stunning

Post # 4
    13096 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

The dress looks beautiful on you but in all honesty, I think you could find a really, really similar dress for a lot less than $4300.  I’m not good at finding dresses (shoes are more my thing) but I’m sure some of the Queen “dress finding” Bees could direct you to some really similar dresses.

That said, if the $4300 is in your budget and you’re comfortable spending it, go for it!  I’m just concerned that you’re worried about the price (before even touching veil, alterations, etc) and I think you can find the “same” dress for less.  Or have you looked for it used online?

Post # 5
    1480 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

That dress is a stunner! But we can’t tell you if it’s too much, only you know your budget and what you can afford. If you’re not comfortable with the price I’d say continue trying on dresses in lower price ranges. You never know, you might find something you love just as much or more, for less money.

Post # 6
    3364 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

I think its beautiful but $4300 is different to everyone unfortunately, so it depends on what you think is “worth it” and depending on your budget!

I am sure you can find something JUST as beautiful for less though if you are trying to save! Good Luck on your decision!

Post # 8
    4137 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

i’ve seen a few dresses that look similar…one was pronovias. it’s gorgeous, but is it worth it to you to skimp in other areas? i would definitely look for similar dresses first. if you can’t find anything, you’ll have to decide just how important the dress is to you!

Post # 9
    1480 posts
    Bumble bee

@BlushingBride12: In that case, I would keep looking if there’s still time to put an order in for this dress. You can always still come back to it if you don’t find anything else you love as much.

Post # 10
    3521 posts
    Sugar bee

It looks awesome, but I agree with PPs–I’m sure you can find something almost identical for a fraction of the cost.

Post # 11
    1270 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

it kind of just depends on your overall budget for the wedding.

For someone who has a 30k  budget for their big day, i think 4300 is a very reasonable price to pay.

However, my budget for the wedding is 12k, and therefore I could only spend 1k on my dress.

Post # 12
    5797 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2011

As someone having a 32k wedding I can tell you this dress would have killed my budget. I’d keep looking for now and see if you can find a similar dress for less.

Post # 13
    3587 posts
    Sugar bee

I’d say it’s worth it if you love it. I’d cut out other things before I slack back on my dress. Also, my dress budget will not be in the wedding budget pot AND we plan to have a destination wedding.

Post # 14
    751 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

Set your priorities – if the dress is the most important thing for you then spend the money on it, but for me, I would look for something I loved as much that is more affordable and not skimp on other things for a dress I will wear once.   Invitations are keepsakes for some people, centerpieces help set the mood in your reception room and transportation is important!  But some people don’t care about those things.  So yeah, long way to say what I already said – set your priorities!!  🙂

ps–totally fun dress! 

Post # 15
    2054 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

I tried an Allure dress style#8713 that is kind of similar…but you do look awesome in that dress

Post # 16
    202 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

You look great in that dress. I think it depends on your budget, if you can make it work and you love it then go for it. But I think you can find very similar styles by other designers for a lot cheaper.

The topic ‘FOUND MY DRESS!!!!!! but is it worth $4,300?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors