- 7 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
Dear bees, really need some more help and opinions! I’ve found the dress – thank you for replying to my last post and voting on which style of dress suited me, so helpful!!
Issue now is that the dress can come in two colours, ivory lace over French vanilla, and ivory lace over ivory. It is a Maggie Sottero dress. Unfortunately I can’t find the ’All Ivory’ version anywhere near me – I have emailed local and wider stockists and shops have contacted the designer. There are no samples available in all ivory, even for me to hire out to try on.
So I went to a shop to try ‘the dress’ in ivory over vanilla, and also tried another Maggie gown (Barcelona I think) in ‘All Ivory’ for a colour comparison. My issue is, I like the vanilla but I don’t know if:
1. it looks too yellow?
2. it goes with my skin tone (don’t want it to bring out any yellow in my skin, or make my skin look an unhealthy colour)
3. it looks like it’s been stored in granny’s attic for a few years and has yellowed with age
Ivory feels “safer” as you know what you’re getting.
However, the vanilla might have advantages. Maybe:
1) it looks more interesting
2) you can see the detail of the lace coming up better against the vanilla background
3) it compliments my skin better than ivory?? (any feedback helpful)
4) ivory might be too bright on the day
………5) maybe i’m being silly and there’s really not that much difference whatsoever!!
Please help and tell me what you think? It might be you can’t see much of a difference but I tried with the pics. I even went out onto the cold streets to get a picture out in the natural light.
The wedding will be in the summer and outside (weather permitting) so natural light is an issue.
Does anyone have an ivory over vanilla dress or considered getting this colour, and what do you reckon, how did it go on the day, feedback you got from others, etc?
picture 1: Vanilla on left, vs Ivory on right, taken outside
Picture 2: outside again, vanilla on left, ivory (being worn) on right
picture 3: The skirt of the Vanilla dress – does it look yellow?
Picture 4: Ivory on the LEFT, vanilla on the RIGHT on a hanger