(Closed) Four hour gap between ceremony & reception

posted 7 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

If I were a guest at your wedding I would definitely appreciate suggestions about what could be done in the break between the ceremony and reception. I feel as though these suggestions should be separate from the program – maybe an insert into the program but not part of the program. If you want to save paper, perhaps the back of the program.

Post # 4
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

my wedding will be at 1pm. lasting for 1 hour (catholic) photos outside church (30 minutes max. 

so thats 2. 30 pm 

travel to the venue 15 min. 

main photos in the beautiful park surrondings maybe 1 hours (drinks will be avaliable at this point lol)

15 minute mingling when entering the venue to allow time to sit and greet 

so that will be …. erm 4pm. 

wedding breakfast begins at 4pm… usually lasts around 2 hours … three course meal, speeches e.t.c 

so 6 pm. 

most people at this point will be heading home (very local, my guest live between 1/2 a mile and 15 miles away) usually to drop children off with babysitter or to let the dog out lol, or switch to evening outfit. 

we have a lovely bar area for the guests to relax in for the hour before the 7pm reception starts. 

Post # 5
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I say tell them the details on the back of your program for sure. 4 hours is a long time, customary or not, and as a guest I’d appreciate the heads-up and suggestion for stuff to do. Sounds like so much fun!

Post # 6
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’d DEFINITELY appreciate a little info about things to do, especially considering I wouldn’t be familiar with the area. 

Post # 7
6 posts
Newbee

@LadyRush23:  Hi! I’m having a wedding in Ensenada in summer 2013. I’d looooove to hear more about your wedding planning. Where was your venue? Who was your photographer? Church? Mariachi?

Thanks!!!

The topic ‘Four hour gap between ceremony & reception’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors