- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
I have lurked here for a long time but am freaking out and need somewhere to vent and get advice. What would you do if you were me? Sorry this is so long.
Fiance and I have been engaged for about a year and a half. We picked Sept 1 (Day before my 24th birthday, squeeeee!!!!) but because of budget issues and other problems, we really couldn’t plan much until the last few months.
We have nooooooo money and wanted to do it all on the cheap but problems are costing us money and we don’t have anything more to throw at it.
Here are the most important problems although there have been a ton more, this just barely scratches the surface:
– The biggest one is we just found out the county clerk office in the county we need to get it in is only open 8 – 4 M-F, and we can’t get off work at all next week to go get a license. We got the license in our county where we live and are hoping for the best, a friend’s husband is the minister marrying us so maybe he will help us out. This is the 2nd person who was going to marry us, first “friend” backed out.
– Our invites didn’t come in in time and we just sent them out to the people who we didn’t have email or Facebook for. We want people to RSVP on our wedding website and are posting it on FB but tons of people aren’t responding. We were inviting about 400 but think only 100 will come.
– The location we wanted to have it at at the state park is booked but I guess it is first come first serve, so I really am not sure if we can get married there. We booked a smaller area but are hoping to get into the bigger area.
– I don’t know what we’re going to do for chairs/tables or if it rains. There is a small shelter and about 8 picnic tables but that isn’t enough obviously. I have called some rental places but a lot of them are already booked, since it is Labor Day weekend grrrrr!!! The park is about 40 minutes away from home so not sure about asking people to bring their own chairs? We really can’t afford to get tents.
– My bridesmaids (6) are not helping out at all! I had to plan my own bachelorette party too.
– Work won’t give me any time off, so I have to work until 5 PM Friday and go back on Tuesday 🙁
– We aren’t sure what to do for a rehearsal or where to actually rehearse. We know we want to go to pizza and laser tag for the dinner afterwards.
Things that are going well!!!
– Ceremony is at 5 PM and my family is baking desserts to serve and we’re having a cash bar that a friend will bartend for us. I think they’ll all come through.
– I ordered a dress online and it was awful, just got it a few weeks ago. BUT!!! I was able to find a dress off the rack here so that is amazing.
– Marrying the man I love!!!
I AM FREAKING OUT!!! Wedding is in 11 days and I feel like everything is falling apart because of mistakes and other people backing out!