- 7 years ago
- Wedding: April 2012
Ok bees. I know that all of us are taking on a giant amount of responsibility to get these weddings off the ground. I knew going into this, based on my situation, the road was not going to be without major potholes. But I think I’ve reached my cracking point and if I don’t vent here, I’m a little scared that I’m going to call everything off just to feel some relief. Here is a list of items that I need to ‘handle’ before the big day…
1. Sell my one bedroom condo in the worst real estate market ever
2. When it’s clear I can’t sell…try to rent my beloved place to strangers
3. Say good-bye to my Fiance who took a job over 300 miles away from me
4. Plan a wedding without my Fiance in town (including finding a dj, photographer, florist, pick a cake, make invitations and research rehersal dinner venues)
5. When my condo finally does rent, clean the whole place out over Thanksgiving holiday and move in with my sister and her husband while waiting for wedding date and or job to come (whichever comes sooner)
6. Send out resumes for jobs in new city
7. Lose 20 lbs.
8. Try and find some space to enjoy the fact I’m getting married.
Today I had a meltdown when I received word that the renters of my place did not move in over the weekend and we’re not sure when they will and now I’m wondering if this deal will even work out. I feel like I’m playing a game of Shoots & Ladders and every time I feel I’ve made strides for the better, I hit a giant shoot that sends me back to the beginning. I’m not sure how to handle all of this stress. I’m getting pinched nerves up and down my back from the pressure and worse yet, my usually understanding FIm is getting sick of the tears and the constant ups and downs. This is supposed to be such a happy occassion. We’ve taken on so much, I feel like we may be killing ourselves the way we’re trying to bend over backwards. Have I made a mistake? I love my Fiance, but I feel like I’m at a breaking point. A couple weeks ago I started seeing a therapist to help with all this, but I need some real help here. I need answers and someone to ensure me that it’s all going to work out. Anyone else taking on too much and can give advice?