(Closed) Free dress I don’t love or Pay $2k for a dress I love

posted 11 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What should I do...
    Take the free dress! : (41 votes)
    58 %
    Shell out for the one I originally wanted! : (30 votes)
    42 %
  • Post # 17
    898 posts
    Busy bee

Try on the free dress. At least look into it. But I would talk to the daughter just to make sure mom isn’t making false offers.

Post # 19
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

Minus some things, I think the dresses look pretty much the same. It would be verrrrrrrrry tempting. 🙂

Post # 20
    7052 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

Try on the free dress. And remember you can also consult with a talented seamstress to add touches of your own.

If it fits like a glove, then great!  Save the 2k and use just a little bit to make it yours.  You could use the extra money on something else, or splurge and get some Louboutins or Jimmy Choos!!!

Post # 21
    389 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

oook so i originally voted get your favorite dress for $2k, but after seeing the pictures, I REALLY like the free dress!!! I say, if you <span style=”text-decoration: line-through;”>like LOVE it and it fits nicely, go for it!  But definitely dont go for it JUST because its free, dont let that be your deciding factor!  Good luck!

Post # 22
    799 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

I think the dresses look so similar that saving the $2000 might be worth it!

Post # 23
    62 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

your dress is beautiful!

what style number is it? I have my eye on a Marisa gown as well!

Post # 24
    100 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

It’s difficult to see the free dress, but it appears that the leg part is more fitted than the dress you want.  I wouldn’t compromise on the dress… You only have one chance to wear a wedding dress!  (Any other wedding item that’s free would be wonderful, though! :)).

Post # 25
    147 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

maybe you could try on the free dress see how it goes. you might like it alot. it does look pretty and free is awesome.

Post # 26
    545 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 1969

I also agree with the other pps that the two dresses are not so dissimilar, but since you think they look nothing a like, the free dress must be lacking in what you want on a gown.  Depending on your financial situation, it might be worth it to take the free dress, BUT, since you feel they look nothing alike, then I’d probably go with the dress you want.  It’s for your wedding day and for me, the dress is one thing that I did not want to skimp too much on.

Post # 27
    2716 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I would at least try the free dress on. They are different. I would go with the one that I LOVE. Don’t settle for the dress, but give the free one a chance & try it on.

Post # 28
    40 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2009

I say, in the end, go for the one that YOU love. Its your day and even though a free dress is nice….you might not totally feel like its your wedding dress. If $2k is too much…maybe you could shop around a bit and try on some more dresses with a lesser price tag. You could even maybe have a dress maker make the dress you like for cheaper too! I know there are a few around the internet where you show them a picture of your dress and they make it for you. All I’m saying is make sure the dress you get is the one you feel right in. =)

Post # 29
    4381 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

I say go with the one you LOVE. It’s the only time you’ll get to wear something like this, so I’m on the camp of going with your heart’s desire. 🙂

Post # 30
    622 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I would try the dress on first. If u like it then great. If u don’t like it then buy the dress that u really love!

Post # 31
    4464 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

That free dress looks pretty similar to the one you like.  I’d go for it and take the free one.

The topic ‘Free dress I don’t love or Pay $2k for a dress I love’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors