(Closed) Friday, Saturday, or Sunday!!!!!

posted 9 years ago in Logistics
  • poll: Would you attend a wedding held on a Friday or Sunday
    YES : (53 votes)
    96 %
    NO : (2 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 17
    7309 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

We are having a Sunday wedding on a holiday weekend (Columbus Day). Since Mr. LK and I, and many of our guests, are federal and state government employees, many people have that Monday off anyway.  And we made sure to send out Save-The-Date Cards well ahead of time so that people could request time off of work, if necessary.

I attended a Tuesday night wedding for one of my best friends. I would have been there no matter what day it was. The bottom line is that the people who really care and genuinely want to share that day with you will find a way to be there.

Post # 18
    984 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

We had a Friday wedding and it worked out great for us and saved us some cash. The ceremony started at 4:30 and the reception started at 6:30 and the majority of the people we wanted to be there made it, which I think will be true for most weddings. If people want to be there they will make it no matter when it is.

From the guest perspective We’ve attended both Friday and Sunday weddings. The Friday wedding was more of a party atmosphere where as the Sunday wedding seemed to wind down really fast. Both were great and worked for both couples but it just depends on what you want.

Post # 19
    654 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Here’s my honest opinion about Friday and Sunday weddings. . . .would I go?  Probably.  Would I grumble about it?  Probably, but never to you.

Post # 21
    3363 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

… I’d get married on a Sunday too! =P

Post # 22
    Hostess
    11164 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@Miss Bowling: My Fiance and had this same very long and complicated discussion and decided that Friday was perfect.

I have been to many a Sunday wedding and while people can typically avoid taking time off work to go I cannot tell you how many guests at every single one of those weddings left early. To be honest it was like a mass exodus after the food was served (before cake even!). Everyone was trying to get home at a decent hour to prepare for the work week. I didn’t like that feeling as a guest as we faced a several hour drive for all the weddings. It was too stressful (IMO).

While Saturday is of course ideal is so many ways you are right it is more expensive. If you have the budget for it than choose Saturday. If you would like to save some money for other wedding details I recommend going with Friday.

Friday is nice because it cuts down the guest list and allows ample time on Saturday for you to unwind post wedding drama and perhaps spend a little time with out of town family and friends and recount all the fun of the wedding on the previous day. We are having an afternoon laid back bbq the Saturday after our wedding. It still gives people Sunday all day to travel so they don’t feel rushed.

Just my two cents. 🙂

Post # 24
    886 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

I’m getting married on the Sunday of President’s Day Weekend. While it’s not a guaranteed Monday off, the chance that a few will get it off made us lean towards Sunday. Plus, the majority of our guests will be coming from much farther than just “OOT” (like opposite coast) and would probably have to take a day or two off anyway so we are trying to play the odds.

Post # 25
    6391 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

I think a Sunday afternoon would be nice :). I would still go to a local Friday wedding or a late Sunday wedding, but I would be less likely to travel super far to one depending on who you are in my life. Good luck deciding!

Post # 26
    907 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I would attend a Sunday wedding if it wasn’t too late in the day. I would attend a Friday wedding if it was in the town I live/work in.

Post # 27
    827 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

Yep!  Mine is on a Sunday, and we were actually thinking of doing it on Friday.  We picked Sunday because people will have more time to get to our venue / will only have to take one day off (Monday) as opposed to Thursday and Friday.

The topic ‘Friday, Saturday, or Sunday!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors