Friday wedding – 2019 still

posted 2 years ago in Guests
Post # 2
5758 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2018

Honestly I don’t think 1.5k is enough of a saving to put such an inconvenience on your guests.

You’re basically getting your guests to cover the difference by taking the day off work, losing a shift etc 

Post # 3
6839 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2016

adventureready :  Agree with PP. It’s only a $1500 difference and you have over 2 years. Can you not just try to save up that extra amount in those 2 years?

Post # 4
1405 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

I think Friday night weddings are okay but definitely not with a ceremony at 5. I would push it back more towards 6:30-7. 5PM ensures guests who work normal 8-5 hours will have to take off early and I wouldn’t want to inconvenience people like that.

Post # 5
819 posts
Busy bee

$1500 can be significant to some people, so if it’s important to you to save that money for something else, I think a Friday wedding would be fine as long as you give plenty of notice. I admit I’m totally biased; our wedding is on a Friday at 3 p.m. and we sent out save the dates almost a year ahead of time in the hopes that it would give people enough notice to take time off/make travel plans/mentally prepare/etc. if they wanted to attend. Obviously people probably wouldn’t tell us if they had a problem with that, but so many seem so enthusiastic to be there so far that I feel like it hasn’t been a major inconvenience.

Post # 6
326 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Whoa $1500 is a huge amount of money! I’d definitely go for it, with the caveat that you would have to expect some people can’t make it. If everyone you really NEED to be there is on board, do it!!

Post # 7
3452 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Poppy Ridge Golf Course

Friday would suck for me, especially a 5 pm ceremony start. 6:30 or 7 would be better. However, if your VIPs are fine with the date and you’re ok with a possibly higher decline rate than average from other guests then save your $1500. Adults can figure out whether its too much of an inconvenience for them to attend, not that difficult. I’d either make an effort to be there or decline and send a gift.

Post # 8
648 posts
Busy bee

adventureready :  I think it’s really inconvenient for most people (will need to miss at least a half day of work to get ready/travel) and they will be exhausted on a Friday evening if most of your guests have professional jobs. If you start saving now, the difference in price is around $50/mo so I think $1500 isn’t worth it. 

Post # 9
100 posts
Blushing bee

It is not an inconvenience to have a Friday wedding is my opinion. If it’s that big of a deal, then they can simply not attend. Give plenty of notice and if they can’t take a day off work–which they probably would anyway for any traveling from out of town, or at the least, take a half day off work to get home, ready, and to your wedding–then that’s not your problem.

Save the money. Put that $1,500 towards investments, saving accounts, purchasing real estate, repairing real estate…. Put it towards your future rather than a single day.

This is YOUR AND YOUR HUSBAND’S DAY. Not a day where you heaven-forbid “inconvenience” others. I gag a little bit when people talk like that.

Post # 10
739 posts
Busy bee

I think that’s fine! The people that care will make time to come. I don’t really think it’s that much of an ‘inconvenience’ to your guests. 

Post # 11
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

I have to keep telling myself this… honestly — whoever wants to join you on your special day will make every effort to do so, regardless of the day, time and location you choose. 

Post # 12
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2019

I am getting married on May 3, 2019 which is also a Friday. The savings for us was a huge factor in doing a Friday instead of a Saturday. Our ceremony doesn’t start until 6:30PM though. Would a later start time be a possibility for you?

Post # 13
65 posts
Worker bee

nicoleivy2004 :  Girl YES!!! My wedding is on a Friday next year and the ceremony is at 4. It was either that or not have our dream venue because they were booked every Saturday. I read these comments and some on another post and started to feel self conscious. Then I read yours and thought “hell yeah, my wedding!” Haha thank you 

Post # 14
745 posts
Busy bee

why not ask your guests what they think? Not everyone works m-f 9-5. When I worked a job that I almost always had to work on saturdays I loved it when things happend on Friday nights.

Consider your guest list, do you think the guests will be available on friday night, or does everyone work on fridays? Everyone has different lifestyles and different schedules.

Post # 15
427 posts
Helper bee

adventureready :  Friday 5:30 pm is not convinient for most people. If u are inclined to it cuz u ll save $1500 then I don’t suggest but if u can’t afford that venue if u have to choose Saturday then do what u need to do!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors