Friday wedding – 2019 still

posted 2 years ago in Guests
Post # 46
2525 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

5pm is way too early if you’re doing a Friday wedding, I wouldn’t do earlier than 7PM. 

You have 2 years to save up the $1500….I would personally say that’s money well spent. 

Post # 49
8580 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

adventureready :  

Dunno about cool or whatever but you have over two  years!   to save 1500 bucks ,so I’d go with the Sat myself. 

Post # 50
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

adventureready :  I don’t mind Friday weddings. But I’m on the team of $1500 isn’t a big enough difference to make it worthwhile. But I also don’t know your financial situation so my comment doesn’t hold that much weight.

Either way, people who love you will be there.

Post # 51
611 posts
Busy bee

adventureready :  I have been to many weddings on Friday evenings and it is honestly not that big a deal. I did not even think twice.

Honestly, if one of your guests was going to decline because it’s inconvenient, would you really want them there?

Post # 52
1218 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2021 - City, State

I don’t think it’s a big deal but I’m also having a Friday wedding, our ceremony is at 2pm (UK so pretty normal) they did not have any Saturdays left for June, July or August so we chose the Friday. If we could have gotten the Saturday we would have.

lots of venues near us had no Saturdays for the majority of 2019 when we booked last year 

Post # 53
745 posts
Busy bee

adventureready :  I agree with your point there. Your wedding is your wedding. You know what is going to work for you, and if people can’t come, then they can’t come. It’s impossible to plan a wedding that works in every way  for everyone. IDK why some people think that saturdays work out perfectly for everyone or that friday nights are bad.

I say have the friday night wedding, have a small wedding if it comes down to it and save all that money that you would have spent on the exta guests for a down payment on a home, or something else that will last throught time. A small wedding with a few people can be wonderful and fun. Lots of people doesn’t automatically mean the day of your dreams.

Post # 54
5035 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2017

A 5pm wedding on a Friday would be an issue for me and most likely anyone who works typical business hours, Monday – Friday.  This will require your guests to either take the day off or re-work their hours so that they can leave early to have enough time to get ready and travel.  For the cost savings you are risking the inconvenience of your guests which in my opinion is not worth it.

Post # 55
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

Save the money!! $1500 is a huge savings. This is one day in the rest of your lives, don’t feel like you have to blow out your bank account just so you can please everyone. News flash, no matter how much you bend over to please your guests, there will always be one person who’s still not happy. Don’t worry about it. Do what you and your fiance are comfortable with. 

Im having a Sunday wedding on a holiday weekend which according to many people on the Bee is a huge no-no and inconveniences guests. I don’t care. People have 2 years to make a plan, we have told all the important people, and they are all happy and excited about our date. People you care about and that care about you will feel the same way about your wedding. 

For what it’s worth, I’m going to a wedding next Friday with the ceremony at 5pm. It never crossed my mind that it would be an inconvience for me. I think it’s a good excuse for me to take a day off work, which I am indeed doing! I’m so excited to celebrate with my dear friends next week, and I never had any ill thoughts about them for choosing a Friday wedding. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors