(Closed) Friends & Babies

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 32
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

@smores: I just don’t understand why people think that discounting someone’s pain or stress is an appropriate way to treat a friend, no matter what the circumstances are.

In my case, I have been very careful to let my friend talk about her issues first and I’ve avoided conversation killers like “cervical mucus,” but all I have to do is say “I would like to be pregnant before April” and she immediately gets off the phone. Incredibly frustrating.

Post # 33
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Double post.

Post # 34
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@mvp_bride:  That’s awful.  Seriously, who doesn’t like discussing cervical mucus?!?!?!  🙂  Seriously though, I can’t imagine why someone would be that uncomfortable or hurtful.  I’m so sorry!  I hope she gets it together!

Post # 35
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

At least you’re open about it and have tried to have conversations about it. I feel like I can’t talk to anyone at all. Even Darling Husband isn’t particularly interested and doesn’t want anyone to know that we’re trying. My BFF wants me to get pregnant because he’s baby crazy, but obviously he doesn’t quite understand. Especially since he and his wife (then girlfriend) got pregnant accidentally.

The people I thought I could talk to it about have shut me out of their lives recently, not inviting me to their baby showers. I don’t know why and it hurts too much to ask. 

Most of my husband’s friends aren’t ready to start trying. I’m a year older than he is and apparently that makes a huge difference.

Truthly, I’ve only told my manager, the BFF, and you guys.

The topic ‘Friends & Babies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors