(Closed) Frozen themed wedding/Disney/winter – looking for a good processional

posted 5 years ago in Ceremony
  • poll: Bridal processional song for a Frozen/Disney/winter wedding in a Catholic church??
    For the First Time In Forever (Frozen) : (7 votes)
    14 %
    When You Wish Upon A Star (Pinocchio) : (15 votes)
    30 %
    Love Is An Open Door (Frozen) : (9 votes)
    18 %
    Love Is A Song That Never Ends (Bambi) : (6 votes)
    12 %
    Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past End Credits : (6 votes)
    12 %
    Other : (7 votes)
    14 %
  • Post # 16
    6909 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
    snowqueen217:  “Hans, therefore, ‘becomes bad’ later in the film – he’s not all bad. The power Anna gives him over Arendelle corrupted him. He was, at least in theory, a decent guy before that.”

I always interpreted that as Anna being a thoughless and impulsive teen and not actually knowing a darned thing about Hans.  And he was a phoney, not a good guy who later become corrupted.  He was corrupt from the start, you just didn’t know it as an audience.

I third or fourth the suggestion for Now I see the Light if you’re going to do Disney.

Post # 17
    9125 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
    snowqueen217:  “The power Anna gives him over Arendelle corrupted him.” — That’s not what I got. Plus, didn’t he even admit that originally planned on trying to scam Elsa, but then bumped into Anna and realized she’d be easier? So he planned it the whole time. Eg: Dbag from the start.

Post # 18
    423 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
    Daisy_Mae:  This is how I interpreted it too… its been a while since I’ve seen the movie, but I remember thinking Hans was a jerk the whole time. 

Post # 20
    423 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
    snowqueen217:  My impression was that he went to the ceremony with his uncle(?) it’s been a while since I have seen the movie, to court Elsa to take over he throne. He saw Anna and took advantage of her wanting to have company and made himself into the perfect person for her, with the intention of keeping the throne for himself. They didn’t reveal his plan because they wanted it to be a big plot twist that no one expected. 

I did a quick google and came up with this from one of the creators, “According to Lino Di Salvo, Hans is a chameleon who adapts to any environment to make the other characters comfortable. And one of the biggest challenges in designing Hans, according to Bill Schwab, character design supervisor, was to make sure that they covered all aspects of his personality without fully tipping their hand to the audience.”

I like your way of interpreting it better because it’s a really catchy song…but I think it was just a plot device. 

Post # 21
    2414 posts
    Buzzing bee

“I’m Wishing….” from SNOW WHITE is LOVELY and not overly familiar. Check it out on YouTube.

Post # 22
    380 posts
    Helper bee

Actually, there is a part where he is singing “Love is an open door” that he points at Arandelle and calls it “a place of his own”, whicj sort of echoes his previous statement when he says he will probably never be a ruler as he is 12th in line. Honestly, for me it was clear from the moment he appeared on screen that he was the villain: something in the way he interacted with Anna just seemed so fake, so “convenient”. 

However, unlike many other Disney villains I do believe he is more “human”. He doesn’t want to do “evil”, but wants to be selfish and have his own kingdom. For what he is willing to marry without love. But as the story proceeds and his greed gets bigger, we see him going thru bigger lenghts in order to asure his position as a king. 

Other songs:

“A whole new world” (Aladdin)

“Good company” (Oliver and company)

“If I never knew you” (Pocahontas)

“I’m gonna love you” (The huntchback of Notredame 2)

Post # 23
    899 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

I had tale as old as time played on a harp as my entrance music and it was beautiful! Subtle but enough for people to recognise it and it worked really well as it isn’t too slow or too quick. 

Post # 24
    970 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
    Itsnotme:  I was thinking that too.  Tale as Old as Time.  

Post # 25
    9125 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
    snowqueen217:  He came right out and said he planned to scam his way to getting their kingdom. He planned it from the beginning, the only thing that changed was who he was scamming. Frozen was a different Disney movie in a lot of ways and the less obvious villain is one of them. He was still a villain the whole time. If he was obvious like Jafar or Ursula, the plot twist wouldn’t have worked.

Post # 26
    823 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2017 - Sea Cider

View original reply
    ann.reid.9277:  I’m Wishing is a gorgeous choice.

Tale as Old as Time is also easily recognizable, and lovely.

I’m impressed that your church has okayed both the dresses and the music. My priest would have  heart attack. . .yours must be pretty cool. 🙂

The topic ‘Frozen themed wedding/Disney/winter – looking for a good processional’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors