(Closed) Frustrated, advice welcome!

posted 8 years ago in Home
Post # 3
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Wow awful situation. I would say talk to her about working off the cost of the mailbox in her duties at your house but if this person gives you any type of uneasy feeling I would just let her go and unfortunatly chalk up the loss because in the end you may cause yourself more stress and headaches trying to get her to take care of this when she dosnt have any concern for you two. I also think that karma does happen to everyone and with ther treating you this way I am sure that there are not many good thing headed in her direction so you may be better off just letting her and it go.

Post # 4
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

It seems like a sad situation, and from what you stated, I agree with you, she probably doens’t have the money to pay you outright. Can you check with your homeowner’s insurance to see if it might be able to get paid through them?

Post # 6
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Honestly, I say cut your losses. It doesn’t sound like the arrangement is working out, and you’d probably be better off finding someone more suited to do the work you need. Pay her the $350 she ‘earned’ and let her go.

Post # 7
555 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m with whoever mentioned the car insurance, probably the most likely chance of getting some compensation. She my actually be the one to have to pay you but then at least it’s on record that she has to pay.

Post # 9
348 posts
Helper bee

I’m not entirely clear on what the situation was when she broke the mailbox (ie, whether she was your employee or not at that point) but you should check with a lawyer and see if she’s actually liable for the damage.  Charging your employees for damage they cause while working is illegal under many circumstances. 

The topic ‘Frustrated, advice welcome!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors