(Closed) Frustrated that I can't exercise

posted 4 years ago in Fitness
Post # 2
8879 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

you already mentioned swimming.  i will also suggest deep water jogging.  your gym may have weighted water belts that allow you stay upright in the deep end, then you jog.  my friend did this when she got a hip injury training for a marathon.

upped body hand weights are also good for keeping your upper body toned.


but don’t overdo it.  that you cause more harm in the long run.


Post # 3
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

ajillity81:  +1 My mum did water jogging in the gym pool, she bought a vest of some sort that was made for it. It’s apparently so much harder than swimming, and works your entire body in completely different ways to normal running or swimming. She did say she got some very odd looks though!

Post # 4
296 posts
Helper bee

I once injured my knee and it was very frustrating to not be able to run, so I totally understand how you are feeling, BUT pushing yourself too far might cause harm that will take even longer to overcome. Let your body heal,otherwise it will take even longer to be able to exercize properly. Check with your doctor about everything you are thinking of doing.

Post # 5
8005 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Bummer! Maybe you could use one of those hand cycle machines at the gym. Weights for your upper extremities would be a good idea too.

The topic ‘Frustrated that I can't exercise’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors