(Closed) Frustrated with Christmas & my mother

posted 8 years ago in Family
Post # 4
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

Out of curiosity, have you ever had a heart-heart with your Mom about your feelings?  I’ve recently learned that it is quite helpful to have more open-ended conversations, to ask questions, and avoid put-downs or raising voices.  Maybe there is a reason why she behaves this way towards you (which isn’t correct), but maybe it could be remedied?  Just a thought…

Post # 6
5984 posts
Bee Keeper

@MsBrooklyn – It would be especially aggravating to have your mom communicate with you via your sister.  There has to be a reason for her behavior.  If you could try to pin-point what that is and work with her to improve your relationship things could get better for both of you.  Do you think she wants that?  Also, what do you think about writing her a letter?  You could possibly start it by saying something about how you’d like to better your relationship as you plan for the wedding and hope to be able to confide in her as you enter marriage (not that you’ll really want to share everything with her about your marriage lol). 

Post # 8
5984 posts
Bee Keeper

Check your inbox.  I read something online that might be helpful to you.  Have a nice night!

The topic ‘Frustrated with Christmas & my mother’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors