- 6 years ago
- Wedding: July 2012
I apologize in advance if this is long.
I am having the hardest time over the past few weeks. My fiance and I have been engaged since April and had originally set our wedding date for December 1, 2012. However, due to financial difficulties we decided to do a small private ceremony in August so that we could move into our home sooner. The home we are to live in belongs to my soon to be husband. He doesn’t live there now due to personal reasons but it is our only option unless we want to live with our in-laws which we don’t want to do.We had a renter who stopped paying rent so we have had to begin the process of moving him out. He is $1,200.00 behind on rent so we gave him notice in April to be out by July 15th. Yes i know we gave him too much time. Everyone has told us that but we were trying to be nice and give him and his family plenty of time. Well it is now 3 weeks before their move out date and they have not made any progress.
First he told my fiance a few weeks ago that they were looking. At this I had already started to panic because they wasted a month and a half already. I waited a few more weeks because he said that they thought they had found something but had to wait until last Wednesday (June 20, 2012) to see if they got the house. My fiance called him on Thursday and was told they didn’t get it but luckily their real estate agent had called with one for them to look at the same afternoon. At this point I am becoming suspicious because something seems off. They have not packed anything and don’t seem to be trying very hard to find anything and time is ticking. He works with my fiance and has been lying to his superiors and laying off work and just doing an overall poor job so he will be losing his job soon if things don’t improve. That is just a side note as to this persons personality. The man’s wife does not work outside the home and stays with their two children during the day.
I am so confused as to why they have not made much effort. We gave them 77 days to find a place and move out and I guess I had hoped that they would be in the process of moving out by now with it being only three weeks away from their move out day. What has finally spured me into action and seeking advice is I found out last night that the family living in the house has decided to take a week and a half summer vacation this week. By the time they get back it will be only a week and a half until the final move out date and they still haven’t found a place to live.
I am frustrated because I have been waiting patiently and at times impatiently for them to move out so that my fiance and I can go in and clean and paint and start moving in. Our furniture and other household items are in storage right now and storage fees are eating us up. At this point I don’t know what to do. We are due to get married in less than 30 days and we have no home to go to. We also have a ton of work to do. We aren’t even taking a honeymoon so that we can take our vacation time and work on the house but if they won’t move out on their own then we have to take legal action which according to my boss will be aroun 90 more days.
I am to the point of tears because I feel like even if we get married we can’t move forward with our lives because these people refuse to move out. Am I being unreasonable for feeling this way?
I apologize that this is so long but if you have made it this far I would appreciate any encouragement or advice that you can give. Thank you!