- 7 years ago
- Wedding: June 2011
Where do I begin with this post. It’s such a looong grueling story so I am just going to try to do it in point form.
1. I have a cousin who we’ll call Jane. Jane is a few years older than me and I’ve only talked to her a few times in my life. Not at all in my adult life other than when she comments on some of my Facebook posts/pictures. She is a HUGE shit disturber in the entire extended family, known for starting fights between our other cousins and herself. She’s really just not well liked.
2. I didnt invite Jane to the wedding because (a) like I said, I havent talked to her in AGES and (b) she just annoys the [email protected]#$ out of me. She didnt come to our Grandpa’s funeral last summer because she had other plans which, we found out a the day before his funeral via Facebook, was taking her 4 year old son to a Black Eyed Peas concert. Really? BEP is more important than your grandfather? Okay.. *eye roll*
3. Back in 2009 my Fiance was seriously injured in a truck rollover which happened one night on his way to work. The accident was his fault and he has always maintained it was his fault. He fell asleep at the wheel & his truck was the only vehicle involved in the crash. Due to the nature of his injuries, he was not able to return back to his old job and currently just stays at home with our daughter. He won’t EVER be able to return to his job as he’s paralyzed from the chest down and his old job was working on the oil rigs.
4. Needless to say, his accident was a HUGE shock for us. Instead of planning our wedding, we had to put it on hold while he was in a rehabilitation centre for his injuries for 6 months in a city an hour away from where we lived before. Our home that we lived in prior to the accident was not wheelchair accessible at ALL so thank God his dad is a carpenter and was able to create a ramp for us for my Fiance to get into the house. Other minor renos had to be done to the house itself to make it wheelchair accessible.
5. Jane, lovely Jane, had the audacity to bitch to my grandparents (include our grandfather who was dying of cancer at the time) about how my Fiance and I shouldnt have received any insurance $$ from our insurance company b/c of the accident because the accident was my FI’s fault. She continuted to tell my Grandparents that she doesnt know how my Fiance and I can afford to buy a house (at the time she gave this rant to my grandparents, Fiance & I were looking at buying a new house) and how we were stupid for buying the “first house we looked at” (which wasn’t true, btw, we did decide on the house we bought rather quickly but it was not the only house we looked at and even if it was, its none of her damn business anyway). So I was SUPER mad at her for that. How dare she say things like this about my family!? We don’t “deserve” any money from our insruance company? Isnt that what insurance is friggin’ for? What if her house burnt down one night when they were cooking supper? They sholdnt get ANY money from the insurance company because it was their fault? Really?
6. Now, my grandma just got wind that I didnt invite Jane to the wedding and she’s upset. And Jane also is upset because she didnt receive an invite. My grandma apparently was just ranting to my other cousin (who is a Bridesmaid or Best Man in the wedding) about how we’re just jealous that Jane went to school (shes a hairdresser) and built a house, etc. Im not jealous of Jane at all! And my Gma knows all of the shit that Jane does and used to do (we had to search through Jane’s things at my grandmas house one summer when she was staying there because Gma thought Jane was stealing her $$)!!
7. My Mom, though she’s said a million time that Jane is a “Two faced bitch” (her words) is trying to get me to invite Jane to the wedding. She even said to me “ok you can invite her but just don’t talk to her.” WTF IS THE POINT THEN!?
I am so frustrated. Yes, she’s ‘family’ (wouldnt consider her that though). But after all she’s said about our family and done behind our backs, I dont want her at the wedding. There’s no way. I dont know how to make my Mom and Grandma see this because they both know what kind of person JAne is and they both know the things she had said about my family. *hair ripping*