(Closed) FSIL & SO’s Ex wife

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
3773 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 1999

I would honestly leave it alone. You can’t control their relationship and I think it would make things awkward with your SIL to bring it up. Take the higher road when she posts things. I am sure SIL would appreciate that and is well aware of the EX’s snarkiness.

Post # 5
926 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Cupcakegurl:  

I’d leave it alone and keep taking what is clearly the higher road, except for one thing:  If you block her on FB, she can’t see you or your posts and you can’t see hers.  Everything else remains the same, she just ceases to exist on FB.  

Some might think it’s childish, but if she’s truly using access to your FB to belittle you, then you’re taking some stress off of you and Future Sister-In-Law.  If the ex can’t see your comments to Future Sister-In-Law, she can’t say anything tacky.

You actually sound like a great stepmom to have- try to take comfort in that and focus on your happy family when you have them. 

Post # 7
2638 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2006

Leave it alone. Get off FB.

Post # 8
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Just leave it alone.  There’s nothing you can do about Future Sister-In-Law and ex wife being friends.  But don’t respond if she is snarky to you; she will only end up looking bad.

Post # 9
1638 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Cupcakegurl:  The other posters have great ideas. Children know who love them. Your Fiance is a great man and you are very blessed to have them. She is jealous because you gained what she lost. Maybe things will change in the future if she finds a new love. Until then, continue being nice to the children and loving your Fiance.

Post # 10
2263 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

It sounds like you are doing everything right. I think your role should be to leave it alone but make sure SO knows what is going on. If anything should come up, something said or done especially regarding his daughters… he should be the one to handle it. Just keep on being a great girlfriend and mentor to those girls … they’re all that matter. 

Post # 11
275 posts
Helper bee

I’d let her have the sister. You have the man, you win 😉

The topic ‘FSIL & SO’s Ex wife’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors