- 7 years ago
- Wedding: October 2009
My son got married today–and none of the things I was worried about happened!
- My father came up and gave me a big hug. My mother didn’t try to talk to me. I managed a smile and a “hi” to her in passing, and that was all I needed.
- NotFroofy and I sat at a table with the bride and groom, my kids’ old nanny, my ex, and the bride’s parents. We had at least two people between us and the bride’s parents at all times. We have no idea whether the bride’s father ever figured out the relationship between NotFroofy and me, but if he did, he didn’t say anything.
- I didn’t tell my son that his old nanny would be there until his father and I were escorting him down the aisle. Just before we reached the aisle, I said to him, “Look to your right,” and he saw her. He excitedly said, “You found her? Oh, cool!” At a time when he had been quite nervous, he was suddenly all smiles.
- NotFroofy managed to get a very cute haircut. Her hair was still shorter than she would have liked, but there was no sign of the awful haircut that had preceded it.
- I managed to get my nails painted yesterday in a sparkly gold, which went with the gold shoes, gold watch, and gold purse I had, and was also one of the wedding colors.
- I went to the hairdresser who had fixed NotFroofy’s hair, and had my hair styled. I then went to the make-up counter at Saks, and got my make-up done. Both turned out beautifully.
There were some minor snafus–mostly dealing with the fact that the bride was running late all day. However, all in all, the wedding was wonderful, and way less stressful than I feared.