(Closed) Full Figured wedding gowns for $200??? Is it possible to find such a thing?

posted 8 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 4
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

have you thought of buying used? i know the classifieds always have maggie dresses for sale 🙂

Post # 5
1235 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Sample sales! Seriously. I was able to get mine for $98. Look for them. They are SOOOO worth it!

Post # 6
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. What is wrong with your other two? Maybe you could post pictures of you in them and we could give you some ideas to make them more you, if they aren’t already.

Post # 8
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

@bryenswife: Oh no!!! I hope you opened up a dispute for the one you got from ebay and got your money back. That is very sad that it came to you that way. Your second gown may be able to be taken out and altered to fit you. Have you checked with a seamstress? I purchased a size 6 sample; Justin Alexander gown, and I am a size 12/14 on top. My seamstress said there is at least 6 inches of extra fabric, so it will be no problem to alter. You might want to consider having yours altered.

Post # 9
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I agree with the other posters–check online for used dresses… but FIRST go to a shop and see what size you are in whatever designer’s line you’re interested in, since they can vary widely.

I know some brides are opposed to David’s Bridal, but that’s where I found my $99 steal from their online outlet shop.  They frequently have a $99 dress sale, so I went in store to try on and get an idea of my size.  The sizing charts online help too.  Give it a shot! I saved $600 on a $699 dress, and shipping was free too!

Post # 10
46607 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

both currently available at David’s outlet online for $149.99

this one is $249.99

and there are more.

The topic ‘Full Figured wedding gowns for $200??? Is it possible to find such a thing?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors