(Closed) Full-figured…mermaid/trumpet/fit & flare? YES!!

posted 10 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 17
145 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@NYshoppingirl:I did get comments about how large chested women shouldn’t wear sweetheart

I hear ya girl and let me just say I am so sick of hearing people say this! The lady at the first bridal shop I went to made a similar comment. Seriously?! I agree with you ladies…if we have curves, we should show them! I was a 40C but thanks to weight-loss I am now a 38D (could probably even go with a C-cup). The only thing Fiance has requested in regards to the dress is that is show some cleavage. Neither of his exes had much in that department so he loves it when I wear clothes that flatter my figure. I say if you love it, go for it!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 19
6890 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
@NYshoppingirl: I got a comment that “bustier women shouldn’t wear strapless.”

Um, really? We have the goods to hold them up. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Duh. And mine is strapless. And not A-line either. A-line looks BAD on me; made me look like a boat.

Btw you all look so beautiful in your dresses!

Post # 21
922 posts
Busy bee

helenc32 and AmeliaBedelia I know!! We TOTALLY have what it takes to make strapless looks amazing! So glad there’s other people with me on this one! I had comments from the gal at the bridal shop and she kept trying to bring me a lines… I think the more of us who go for these types of dresses will hopefully change people’s minds about what looks beautiful on different body types. Check this out:

This (below) is actually a bridal gown that she had done in black for the SAG awards:

Post # 22
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Sorry for the huge picture…

Post # 23
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

GO CURVY GIRLS!!!  You all look fabulous in your gowns!!  I tried on a lot of dresses and struggled a bit because some of the salons didn’t have many samples in a size larger than 10.  So happy to see other girls finding dresses that love their curves, too!

Post # 24
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

just buzzing by to tell you gals, you look fantastic!  I am pear-shaped myself and I always get a-line shapes recommended and I hate the way I look in it.  I LOVE being pear-shaped and don’t want to hide it AT ALL. Go girls!

Post # 27
52 posts
Worker bee

You all look great!!

Here’s mine ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 28
302 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Here’s my Jenna by Maggie Sottero, will be ordered in a size 16!

I never ever thought I could rock my curves in a fit&flare / mermaid type dress!

Post # 29
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Ok, I’m sooo glad I came across this post; it’s just what I needed to see/read.  Within the last week or two I’ve been thinking I’d forego the idea of having a fitted/mermaid dress and go with an a-line dress to avoid looking like a stuffed burrito in my dress. But dammit I’m going to try on a-lines this next time around when I go to David’s Bridal.  I did try on (well, I TRIED to) a fitted dress this past weekend but what do you know the dress was too small and I couldn’t even pull it down past my hips!  So, I passed on that.  About a year ago I tried on a mermaid type dress at DB but it wasn’t a pretty sight (and the dress couldn’t zip up) so I just thought ok, I won’t go there. Why limit myself? I’m going to try on all kinds of dress styles and see what I like.  Thanks for helping me realize this!  ๐Ÿ™‚  

Post # 30
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I almost got aniston….I still LOVE that dress and think about it often. I never in a million years thought a trumpet/fit n flair would ever work on me, but I felt so va va voom! 

Ignore the silly veil. LOL 

huge picture, sorry. 

Post # 31
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I am torn between a Maggie Sorrent and a La Sposa.  I never thought I could rock these styles but I am so glad I listened to Kim at Cuvrygirls bridal in VA!!!

The topic ‘Full-figured…mermaid/trumpet/fit & flare? YES!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors