We had a “music requests” and “comments” section on the back, so we got a few good ones!
– Got one friend who claimed she’d be coming dressed as The Batman, and she had a list of demands: a fog machine, a parking space for her batmobile, a spotlight in case of crime.
She also requested that we play some “very timeless, classy music, like the Thong Song”
– A lot of people wrote in for their music requests “Nothing that Mr. Cakey listens to”
– A lot of FH’s coworkers wrote in to just let their other coworker (who moonlights as a DJ) pick the music
– My Future Sister-In-Law requested “Play the Funky Music White Boy”
– Someone wrote in “What’s up, bro?” which (in college) was my FH’s signature catchphrase and something all his friends said to imitate him.
– Someone wrote in the comments that she bought us a gift, but it was too heavy so she gave us four options to choose from: she will break it into tiny pieces and give it to use in a hundred small boxes/ she will give us a box with just a photo of it and we can look at it longingly/she will return it and not give it to us because she can’t carry it/(and something else funny but I forgot)
– Someone noticed the little tiny number I wrote in the corner on the back of the card and wrote their name in as “#25 – John Smith”
We got a lot of fun stuff on the front, too.
– We had icons for the food choices, and someone wrote in “What is Carrot Meat?” with an arrow pointing to the vegetarian option (she then wrote another note on top of that “Oh that says “Meal Options” I thought it said “Meat Options”)
– My sister put her dog as her guest and circled all the meal choices for him (he loves to eat, but what dog doesn’t!)
– My sister’s boyfriend got his own invite and wrote in “Jaws” as his guest and drew in and circled an extra meal choice for “people”
– My father wrote “Your Father” on the name line, but his handwriting is so small I was like “What the hell is THIS?”
There are more but I can’t think of them right now! 😀