Post # 1
So I knew Fiance would not be into the whole wedding planning thing, I mean he is a guy. Not surprised at all. There are times we do have to make the big decisions together of course and some of the things he has said are hilarious.
1. Before we were even engaged we were talking about rings and we were talking about ring size and I put just a regular ring on my left finger and he looked so puzzled. He thought the engagment ring went on the right and the wedding band went on the left. I know some people do this after the wedding, but he thought it was the RULE and that I was crazy to think otherwise.
2. My parents were planning to come look at stores for centerpieces and I asked him if he wanted to go and he told me he didn’t. But his reason was because I will probably make too big of a deal out of it and want something crazy like 1 centerpiece on each table. 1 per table is too much for him.
3. We were talking about the guest list and who we thought would/wouldn’t come and his solution was to send out the invitations now, 6 months before the wedding. I guess we would just have to remind people a couple months before that they said they were going to come?!
Poor guys haha any other FIs completely clueless about wedding norms?
Post # 4
Oh I love 2 that’s funny. I’m lucky Fiance is pretty easy going about this. He’s been super supportive and when I ask him something he doesn’t understand he asks me to explain it. He’s funny though when it comes to colors. I’m like what do you think about black and yellow, the first thing that comes out of his mouth is yea sounds great for a bumblebee. So then I suggest blue and yellow and he starts to sing our high school fight song (school colors where blue and yellow). I’ve learned what to ask him about and what to just tell him about. Like colors, he’s horrible at putting them together so I narrow it down between red or navy and pink. He picks one. I show him something that I think is tacky (because I think it’s funny) and he’s like it’s nice. His same reply when I show him a bridesmaid dress I like. I’m lucky that he does care about some things though, like his attire (a kilt), his groomsmens attire, the boutineers, the music, etc
Post # 5
The only funny thing I can think of at the moment is when I was trying to decide my wedding hairstyle. I said to him, “Do you think you would like it up or down?” knowing very well that I’ll still choose an updo (that’s just what I’ve always wanted) but I was curious if he would prefer my hair down.
He looks at my hair in that moment (down and just blah-no fancy style or anything) and said, “That looks perfect” and he really meant it-for the wedding. Men!
Post # 6
This is too cute! My Fiance had no idea what a shower was. lol It was so cute
Post # 7
I think the most surprising thing my Fiance has mentioned is that he has an opinion on almost absolutely everything from colors, to location, to size, to ties, to suits! It’s amazing. That’s what I get for him having been in SEVEN WEDDINGS. Geeze, that’s alot of practice.
Post # 8
My mom is coming up tomorrow to pick up my dress, shop for a headpiece, etc.
I mentioned to Fiance that I was leaning toward a headband. He said “Oh, so you aren’t wearing a veil anymore?” Apparently in his eyes, you can’t wear both. LOL.
Post # 9
LOL, this is a funny thread. I’m glad to see I’m not alone. I love my Fiance but he has said some ridiculous things.
1) He didn’t understand why we need to “spend all that money on invitations people are just going to throw away anyway.” I asked him what his solution was. He said we could send an Evite to everyone and just have them respond that way. Um, no.
2) We went to meet with a priest to see if he would consider co-officiating with a Cantor from FI’s synagogue (we are having an interfaith ceremony, Fiance is Jewish, I’m Catholic). On our way to meet the priest, he says, what is a “RECTUMRY?” I laughed so hard I almost drove the car off the road. I said, not Rectum-ry, it’s called a RECTORY! There’s no rectum, it has nothing to do with your butt.
Post # 10
I think the funniest thing FH has said so far is one night I was surfing WB, and he was next to me on the sofa, and out of nowhere he suddenly blurts out really loudly “STDs!!! There are girls on WB who talk about their Save-The-Date Cards with everyone else?????” LOL I was like “Umm sweetie, that stands for SAVE THE DATE”.
Post # 11
This is rather embarrassing, but early on my Fiance mentioned that he was excited to go on our honeymoon – that lasted 1-2 days! He didn’t realize that most honeymoons are significantly longer… I still have no idea where he go that from.
Post # 12
My husband had no clue which finger the ring went on. When he proposed he grabbed my right hand, lol!
Post # 13
I sent Fiance a text with about our “STDs” and he got so confused (and was sitting across a crowded room from me) that he looked up and half-yelled, “What are STDs?”
Oh, the looks I got.
Also, I love number 2 as well! OMG NOT ONE PER TABLE, that’s shocking
Post # 14
This one happened last night: I told him that once we had the addresses from his friends, we’d be done. He looked at me and said “we’re never going to be done” and was all sorts of serious and resigned to the task in front of him. So, I rephrased and said “well, we’ll be done with that step of the Save-The-Date Cards.” He just goes “why do I feel as if you’re lying to me?”
Post # 15
@Monkeygirl: my Fiance said the same thing, only he wanted to send Facebook invites. When I asked about reply cards (there are members of my family who don’t have computers, still think long distance costs an arm and a leg and would be offended if we didn’t have reply cards) he said “Why can’t people just get with the 21st century?! I mean, send me an email, call me on the phone. Who are these people?”. Hilarious!
For the most part, my Fiance doesn’t care about the colours, decor etc. He’s been in wedding parties before but HATES all the stuff that’s “expected”.
I think that the really frustrating, yet sometimes funny, part of planning the wedding with the Fiance is that he has NO idea what things cost. I’m all about bargain hunting and we’re on a budget, but some wedding things are just expensive. Like photography. He told me that he could only imagine spending, at the most, $1000 on photography. That’s total….including engagement photos, the CD of the photos, etc. I just LAUGHED AND LAUGHED.
Post # 16
lol got to love men!
My Fiance is totally into the wedding planning. I was going to have the grooms side wear non flower boutiners (sp), then he saw some pictures and decided he wanted an orchid. I love my guy…he wants flowers! 🙂