(Closed) furniture & registry shopping

posted 10 years ago in Chicago
Post # 3
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2008

Roy’s Furniture in Lincoln Park is great! It’s on Sheffield a block north of Fullerton. Really great stuff at very reasonable prices. For registry stuff, there’s a Crate & Barrel on North & Clybourn and then a Bed, Bath & Beyond on Clybourn just a few blocks north of that. Or you could do Macy’s, Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn on Michigan Avenue. Then y’all don’t have to drive at all! Hope that helps.

Post # 4
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2008

Personally, I like Old Orchard – you could do both Macy’s and Crate & Barrel there.  But I’m a little farther north than you are. 

Post # 5
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

FYI, the Pottery Barn on N Michigan is closing. But I think there’s a PB near the Crate & Barrel on Clybourn. I think it’s close to North & Sheffield. There’s a CB2 near North & Clybourn too (furnishings are cheaper then C&B). Otherwise, I’d suggest a weekend trip to Woodfield/Schaumburg area. There’s an Ikea, REI & Woodfield Mall all in the same area.

Oh also, Chicago they city has a 9.25% sales tax. The sales tax in the suburbs is lower so if you were going to buy furniture, it’d be cheaper in the suburbs.

The topic ‘furniture & registry shopping’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors